Week 2 GDT: NY Football Giants (0-1) vs Washington Football Team (0-1) - 8 pm EST Thursday

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I honestly think that's an old, outdated trope about him. 

Belichck doesn't cut good players. He trades them away. 

I think it was Cam's aura.

https://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/2021/09/cam-newton-says-patriots-released-him-because-of-his-aura-and-i-was-going-to-be-a-distraction.html

Can we be honest? The reason why they released me is because indirectly, I was going to be a distraction, without being the starter,” Newton said. “Just my aura. That’s my gift and my curse. When you bring Cam Newton to your facility, your franchise, people are interested ...”

If they would have asked me, ‘Would I play behind (Jones)? They say, ‘Cam, we’re going to give the team to Mac, you’re going to be second-string. We expect you to be everything and then some to guide him throughout this tenure’ I would have said ‘absolutely.’”

“But listen, the truth of the matter is this: He would have been uncomfortable. And they knew. And it comes by the mere fact of me being me