Week 2 GDT: NY Football Giants (0-1) vs Washington Football Team (0-1) - 8 pm EST Thursday

MikeT14

On 9/14/2021 at 11:55 AM, lavar703 said:

People were genuinely excited about Fitz. Some fans even claimed he could be the starter next season as well. He lasted all of a quarter and a half lol. Not dealing up for Fields or Jones was extremely stupid. 

I don't know a single person that was excited we signed Fitzpatrick. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Pretty much almost there. Maybe one or two in here "liked it". Otherwise the range was vastly hovering "meh okay" to "absolutely horrible"

We also aren't really going to get to see him play. He lasted ... three? series.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I have and will continue to defend the signing. I felt once we missed on Stafford and any trade worthy QB that he was our best option. I remained optimistic that Heinicke could beat him out. I'm excited to see what Heinicke can do.

I need to see this defense dominate. And not just in the pass game in the run. This DL has to make DJ’s life hell. Green jersey and grass in the face mask type hell. Make DJ think twice when he wants to run and pressure him all day. And hopefully Taylor can play starter level football.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Pretty much almost there. Maybe one or two in here "liked it". Otherwise the range was vastly hovering "meh okay" to "absolutely horrible"

We also aren't really going to get to see him play. He lasted ... three? series.

Yeah. I was "okay" with his signing because we ended up #19 and pretty much out of contention for the QBs we wanted. I didn't want to roll into the draft with Heinecke and Allen as our QBs so I had predicted we would sign him (and we did). 

Of course, I had no way of knowing Fields and Jones would drop so far.

8 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

You must not be on Twitter much. People were excited about the signing of Case Keenum just the same in 2019 - says he was better than Kirk and all this and that. Johnny Cakes Auville on the Junkies was all in on Fitzpatrick, he thought he was going to have a great year for us. I predicted the same results w/ Fitz as we got with Keenum in 2019, and so far we haven’t even gotten as good of a return for signing Fitz as we got for signing Keenum in 2019 and we likely won’t.

What a waste of a year that we could’ve drafted a QB high in this draft and had them develop or even start over Heinicke this year.

Rivera and company are just kicking the can down the road to the day when they do draft a QB high to develop in the draft and meanwhile our young core on defense & offense isn’t getting any younger.