Week 2 GDT: NY Football Giants (0-1) vs Washington Football Team (0-1) - 8 pm EST Thursday

MikeT14

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I need to see this defense dominate. And not just in the pass game in the run. This DL has to make DJ’s life hell. Green jersey and grass in the face mask type hell. Make DJ think twice when he wants to run and pressure him all day. And hopefully Taylor can play starter level football.

I agree. The DL needs to totally dominate the line of scrimmage and stuff the run just as much as they do the pass.

6 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’d like to say this is a good thing - and I guess it is - but, the giants have had our number for so long no matter who they put out there in their uniform. We just suck against them, we play totally different vs them than we do vs almost every other team. 

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah. I was "okay" with his signing because we ended up #19 and pretty much out of contention for the QBs we wanted. I didn't want to roll into the draft with Heinecke and Allen as our QBs so I had predicted we would sign him (and we did). 

Of course, I had no way of knowing Fields and Jones would drop so far.

Kind of crazy that we’re now getting to roll w/ Heinicke bc of Fitz’s injury anyways. Personally, I’m glad we’re going to get to find out if Heinicke can be a good QB for us or not. I still wish we had a rookie on our team too who had been drafted in the first 3 rounds who had competed with him this past offseason, but can’t change that now. I hope we get a young QB in the draft to develop for our future next draft.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Kind of crazy that we’re now getting to roll w/ Heinicke bc of Fitz’s injury anyways. Personally, I’m glad we’re going to get to find out if Heinicke can be a good QB for us or not. I still wish we had a rookie on our team too who had been drafted in the first 3 rounds who had competed with him this past offseason, but can’t change that now. I hope we get a young QB in the draft to develop for our future next draft.

Same here. I liked the upside that the one game Heinecke played and teased us with. I just wasn't ready to roll with him a QB1 going into the offseason. After we signed Fitz, I was under no delusions that he would play every down for us and I anticipated Heinecke under center at some point. I just didn't think it was gonna be in the 2Q of week 1. As for the rookie QB, we need to get him in 2022 draft.

• Like 1

Okay guys we are aware of the fact when you lose a game there MANY factors and certain plays that contribute to your defeat. So when you prepare for your next game you focus on improving in certain areas of the game. The Chargers 3rd down efficiency was 14-19!!!!!!!! while the WFT was 3-10. Everybody here knows you will not win many games with this these types of number. We need need to do better in this department tonight. We also need better play calling on the offensive side of the ball. Last Sunday I questioned the Off play calling because we did not scheme up some plays to help Cosmi. We should have been better prepare for this moving forward. This is what a pass rush does to an OFF. It doesn't allow you to open up and use your whole playbook. Taylor Heinicke can extend plays so this should help a little however we need to turn those 3rd down efficiency numbers around, both offensively and defensively in our favor tonight along with winning the TO,RG, eliminate penalities etc.

On 9/15/2021 at 1:43 PM, MKnight82 said:

I will not be online or able to watch this game fellas.  Wedding anniversary.  

Your SO would totally understand if you skipped the day of your matrimony to watch a football game.

Live look in at MKnight's house (MK is the flies):
imf7rb.gif

On 9/15/2021 at 3:22 PM, Slappy Mc said:

I have and will continue to defend the signing. I felt once we missed on Stafford and any trade worthy QB that he was our best option. I remained optimistic that Heinicke could beat him out. I'm excited to see what Heinicke can do.

Jameis Winston says hi.