Week 2 GDT: NY Football Giants (0-1) vs Washington Football Team (0-1) - 8 pm EST Thursday

MikeT14

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

It really was a bad decision. 

In most situations, you could tip your cap to Bradberry and chalk it up to a miscommunication with Terry. 

When you’re up a point with 2 minutes left, you don’t throw it unless you see it. If you’re not sure you’re on the same page with the WR, if you’re not sure you don’t have a DB breaking on the route, then just eat it and keep the clock moving. Forcing throws in that scenario is mind-bendingly bad. Just can’t do it. Extremely lucky it didn’t flat out cost us the game.

True & Heinicke totally redeemed himself!

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Loved the play by Heinicke on the whole.  The INT was a howler, but it says a lot that he came right back out and executed.

I'm rather less enthused by our coaching.  Far too few touches for Gibson.  He had 13 rushes for 69 yards, but Turner wouldn't keep with it.  And on defense... I just don't understand.  Bostic was in coverage on Sterling Shepard on more than one occasion.  It went predictably.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4209 said:

lol please. Many here will tear him up next wk. TH is still in his early developmental stage so he will make more bad decisions down the road. But our D is really struggling. Having a young QB and a poor def is bad combination. We got lucky tonight But I'll take the win.

I’m being sarcastic buddy! 

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Now it's against the Jints, but here you go.

34/46

336yds 

2 TD

1 INT

99.6 RTG

Not quite as good as Teddy Bridgewater was against this defense — so I really need people to slow their long-term roll. But he remains fun to watch. He’s a gamer, for sure.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Frankly I was shocked at times how badly our secondary played.  But TH man that guy deserves so much praise.

I actually thought the secondary was mostly okay.  The blown coverage on the Slayton drop not withstanding.  The D-line was getting little pass rush for most of the second half.  I guess Sweat is worn out from dodging the vaccine all summer and Chase young was too busy filming commercials...

Edited by noptov52
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mar29020 said:

Chase young has been a ghost this year.

How many times did he bother getting into a three point stance in the second half?  Two? Three?  There were a few times he was standing up so far off the ball, I assumed he was going drop into coverage.

• Like 1