Week 2 GDT: NY Football Giants (0-1) vs Washington Football Team (0-1) - 8 pm EST Thursday

MikeT14

This D against that OL was average in the 2nd half.  If they want to be called good, or heaven forbid great of elite they need to do MUCH more.  As our passing D as a whole we must be the worse in the NFL on stopping teams on 3rd downs.  That is unacceptable.  That is coaching and lack of effort or a combo of both.

Just now, TheGreeK1973 said:

This D against that OL was average in the 2nd half.  If they want to be called good, or heaven forbid great of elite they need to do MUCH more.  As our passing D as a whole we must be the worse in the NFL on stopping teams on 3rd downs.  That is unacceptable.  That is coaching and lack of effort or a combo of both.

I think having the worse LB core in the league is showing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

We need to play man to man

zone too many blown coverages 

Despite this great moxy game by Heinicke and a great come from behind win in the 4th quarter, I hate to say it but our schedule is so brutal! 

I’m glad we won but there’s still a lot of unanswered questions on this team - especially in the back 7 on D. I’ll be shocked if we aren’t 2-6 at the mid point in the season going into playing Tampa which means a 2-7 start. Our schedule is brutal.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

I think having the worse LB core in the league is showing.

They need to move Collins to LB in the Nickle or even start him at WLB over Bostic & have Holcomb call the plays if Davis isn’t ready to do it. 

I’ve said it since February, the dude should be playing LB. Curl should be at SS, McCain at FS.

Its our best back 7 line up & Collins plays better closer to the ball than in intermediate to deep coverage where he’s been playing a lot the first two games.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Well Jon Allen wasn’t, but the rest of them were except for a few plays by Montez.

6 tackles & 2 sacks by Jon Allen is an awesome game for a DT.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

6 tackles & 2 sacks by Jon Allen is an awesome game for a DT.

I still think he needs to be crucified for his performance on Daniel Jones huge 11 yard run in the 4th QTR. He pulled a Haynesworth. That kind of effort is unacceptable. If you are tired, get off the field. When you are on the field, you don't just lay down while the play is going on.

8 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I still think he needs to be crucified for his performance on Daniel Jones huge 11 yard run in the 4th QTR. He pulled a Haynesworth. That kind of effort is unacceptable. If you are tired, get off the field. When you are on the field, you don't just lay down while the play is going on.

Didn’t see it. And sometimes there’s no time to get off the field if a team is running hurry up.

5 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Nah I disagree. He was out there nearly the whole game and was our only consistent disruption. I mean, I understand what you’re saying but Allen is the last dude to lay down and just quit. 

7 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I saw that.  You are absolutely right.  That was pathetic, in fact the entire Dl gave up on that play against a Giants OL which is ranked bottom 5 in the league.