Week 2 GDT: NY Football Giants (0-1) vs Washington Football Team (0-1) - 8 pm EST Thursday

38 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I cannot believe the amount of crap Florio is going on about with the offsides penalty. It was clear as day offsides. 

I can’t stand Florio and the amount of people that NBC has on the air pregame, halftime & postgame now after hiring Mira Taylor & Drew Brees is ridiculous. It’s way, way too many talking heads for a half hour pregame show.

On 9/16/2021 at 11:51 PM, Thaiphoon said:

The throw was too far inside for where Terry was. Terry ran a bad route there, but Heinecke didn't adjust to the come back and simply threw into space. Normally that's okay. But not with the coverage they had. 

And I just watched it again...it wasn't a slant. It was a curl. The LB bumped Terry and slowed his route down and Heinecke threw to empty space for the INT

The bigger question there: why was a pass played called at all? Just gut punch it and if you fail, bring in Way to boot it far plus run the clock down.

• Like 2
On 9/17/2021 at 10:30 AM, turtle28 said:

I am as disappointed in our defense the first two weeks as anyone else, giving up 800 yards & 49 points - which could’ve been 43 points last night if not for Giants implosion - is awful and not how I expected them to start the season. But, I do expect this defense to improve as the season goes on.

Could also have easily been more too in game #1 if the Chargers hadn't elected to take a knee at the end. That was essentially a guaranteed 3, if not 7 give how little resistance the defense was uptting up.

Basically, as it stands right now, the team needs to assume they are going to have to be in a boat race every game because they have zero ability to stop anyone on defense.

• Like 2
On 9/17/2021 at 11:35 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

Shhh! We dont need some around here knowing weve destroyed our draft selection already.

Root for the team to win until it is obvious they cannot make the playoffs, then focus on the draft. Last year, it was obvious that they were going to bomb out in the first round, but that 7-9 divisional win made all the difference, right?

• Like 2
20 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Does anyone here actually think if Taylor learns to look off and can still place balls like he does in big pressure moments that he can actually be a good player? This is way too early but his ball placement he is the first QB I’ve seen throw to spots on this roster. Trent Green was a good QB but that wasn’t the name of the game in that era.
The only thing I can say I maybe see in super limited action which is key but I sometimes notice taylor doesn’t turn his head away sometimes like it’s maybe a pre determined rep. Which for a backup I get that completely. Play within the system. But when he spots something his natural reaction and placement has been seriously impressive to me. This era could be brief so while it’s here I want to know if anyone thinks this guy could surprise and make a name for himself beyond the 6 game no tape period?

Trent Green is an interesting comp to me. Maybe not a strong an arm as Green, but the mobility with vertical throw mentality.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Woz said:

Root for the team to win until it is obvious they cannot make the playoffs, then focus on the draft. Last year, it was obvious that they were going to bomb out in the first round, but that 7-9 divisional win made all the difference, right?

Lost to the SB champs. If we were in the AFC. That matchup wouldnt have happened till the Super Bowl. Then whats your reasoning for wanting to tank? 😉

20 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:
21 hours ago, taylor made said:

'm not sure what is broken with the defense, but it is clearly broken right now. Are we really missing Ronald Darby, Fabian Moreau and Jimmy Moreland that much? William Jackson 3 seems to be a little more up and down than Darby ever was. He might have more ball skills than Darby but it looks like he's getting beat a little bit more.  

Yes.

Butbutbut McTyer!!! (does anyone have snap counts for Thursday? I can find them for the Giants, but cannot find them for Washington ... McTyer played on 9 snaps in week 1)

-What happened to Kendall Fuller? To me, his play has deteriorated the worst from year to year.  He can blitz, though.

Guy's play in the slot is nowhere near what it was his first stint with us. He belongs outside or at Safety.

While I don't disagree on your analysis that Fuller is a shell of himself, I don't want to see him outside as I would like to see St. Juste get those snaps and learn on the job. Also, I'd rather see more of McCain and Curl at safety. Putting Fuller back there possibly means less Curl.

I'm good with getting rid of him after the season. I'm also good with sitting him. 

I know it will come as a complete shock that I fully endorse this message.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Woz said:

If we had gone 6-10, we could’ve drafted Justin Fields with our natural pick. That one game was a franchise changing win - in a bad way - if we had lost 1 more game we’d possibly have our QB of the future in house already.

22 minutes ago, Woz said:

Trent Green is an interesting comp to me. Maybe not a strong an arm as Green, but the mobility with vertical throw mentality.

I don’t like the comp. Trent Green was not as athletic as Heinicke. The comp for Heinicke is Tony Romo.

20 hours ago, turtle28 said:

@taylor made Dyami Brown is playing & getting almost every snap (93% week 1, 87% week 2), that’s why Cam Sims is getting basically zero offensive snaps. Dyami obviously has the upside, but I think there’s a case to be made at this time that Cam should still be starting at #2 WR until Dyami is definitely better than him, at this point I think Cam is a better & definitely more reliable player.

How does Brown get better sitting on the sideline? Keep in mind Sims is UFA after the season and is almost assuredly going somewhere else because of their draft investment in Brown.

I like Cam Sims and I feel like he can be a very good #2 receiver. Washington made a decision to plan for a future without him. To that end, they're going to roll with Brown.

One possibility is that they deal Cam Sims at the trade deadline for a mid-round pick if there is a team who finds themselves wideout depleted.

It’s my same argument as to why I think Lucas should be staring at RT over Cosmi right now. I get that Cosmi has more potential & he’s going to be our RT or LT for hopefully a decade plus to come, but the best guy should play and right now I think Cam Sims and Lucas are better players than Dyami Brown & Cosmi.

Honestly, Lucas should probably be starting over Charles Leno at LT.

From what I’ve heard, WJ3 is learning the defense still & adjusting to the scheme. I think WJ3 is better talent wise than Darby but, I think there’s definitely an argument to be made that we shouldn’t have tried to fix what wasn’t broken & Darby didn’t need to be replaced; we should’ve re-signed him. The same argument could be made as to why we should’ve retained Jimmy Moreland & he should still be playing in the slot for us w/ Fuller staying outside.

Darby wanted to be paid. If they're going to invest similar amounts between the two of them, I'd go with the guy who is considered a better talent.

I definitely would have stuck with Moreland, though.

Lastly, I think the same can be said for McCain as I just said for WJ3. Yeah, McCain more talented than Everrett and Reaves but, our D played well with either of them playing FS last year, so why fix what wasn’t broken unless we were signing a pro bowl type upgrade at FS, and we didn’t do that when we signed McCain?

McCain was this year's Darby - a talented player who was cut late that they could pick up cheap. If you can get a top 10-15 safety for less than $1.5M for a year, why wouldn't you?

McCain admittedly doesn't know the system as well as Everett and Reaves, but he's overall a better player.

Unlike with Moreland, though, they kept both the talent (McCain) and the knowledge (Everett and Reaves (via the PS)).

I don’t agree w/ you’re take on Landon Collins and if they should try to move him closer to the line as a true SS/dime LB & take Bostic off the field but, no point in rehashing that, we just don’t agree and we both know where each other stand. It’s all good!

I just don't think he fits. He needs to move to LB, but doesn't want to. He's the second most expensive player on the roster by cap percentage (only Scherff on his 2nd franchise tag is more).

Fuller is #3 btw.

17 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Lost to the SB champs. If we were in the AFC. That matchup wouldnt have happened till the Super Bowl. Then whats your reasoning for wanting to tank? 😉

Losing to the Super Bowl

champs means absolutely nothing last year or this year. It cost us a chance to get a possible franchise QB to groom who would’ve hopefully been our starter for the next 15-20 years.

25 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Let's assume for a second they win against Tampa. Do you honestly think they'd go on a run through New Orleans and Green Bay (both on the road) to make the Super Bowl? Much less out duel Patrick Mahomes in the Super Bowl?

They didn't have the horses last year and were King of Turd Mountain. Them winning the division meant nothing because it was obvious what as going to happen.

Offensively this year, they look like they might have something. Unfortunately, the defense looks lost. Still, they aren't in dire straits yet so go burgundy & gold!

Edited by Woz
10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If we had gone 6-10, we could’ve drafted Justin Fields with our natural pick. That one game was a franchise changing win - in a bad way - if we had lost 1 more game we’d possibly have our QB of the future in house already.

Yup.

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t like the comp. Trent Green was not as athletic as Heinicke. The comp for Heinicke is Tony Romo.

*shrug* Guess we're going to have to differ on that.

@WozTrading Cam Sims doesn’t make sense, if we have another injury at WR, we’ll need him. I understand wanting to play Dyami to have him develop, I don’t understand playing Dyami right now if Cam Sims is a better WR who can help you win games.

The point about Darby was Darby vs WJ3, that’s the discussion. Keeping Darby for continuity may have been the better move for continuity and he played well last year too. Talent wise I guess WJ3 may be a little more talented but isn’t much.

I don’t see any reason why Leno shouldn’t be starting. I stand by my point that at this point I think Lucas is better than Cosmi & he should be starting.

I would’ve stuck with Moreland too. I tried to explain the love, but I didn’t like cutting him and all Daryl Robert’s has been as inactive, so it makes the move look even stupider. We could’ve kept McTyer, Moreland & Apke & made McTyer inactive. I definitely understand them wanting to play St. Juste, but it’s another if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Fuller on the outside w/ Moreland in the slot w/ Darby opposite, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

As far as Collins goes, Rivera should’ve grown a pair and told Collins you’re playing WLB bc we think that’s what for the team. If you don’t want to play WLB then you’re going to be on the bench except in nickel packages when we go with 3 safeties sometimes.

Whats he gonna do then? Ask for a trade? Sure have at it, no one wants his contract, he’s be stuck on the bench until he gave in basically.