Week 2: Jaguars v Broncos - Here we go again huh?

.Buzz

14 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

How excited are we on a 1-10 scale to see Von (who looks all the way back) and Chubb next week? 

Minus 10.  After the pressure we gave up against Houston,  this week looks terrifying.  Oh yeah...their secondary is pretty awesome too. Hopefully the plane ride east has some negative effect on them or it could easily be another ugly result.

So...watched the broncos/giants game on replay and some thoughts..

Denver didn't run the ball particularly well, but they did stick with it.  They ran a lot out of shotgun, and did finally get a long run late in the game.

I thought the Giants handled the pass rush fairly well.  There was a coverage sack early but otherwise Jones had time to throw.   Broncos hardly blitzed at all.

Most impressive thing was Denver's secondary.  Man there were just not a lot of open wrs.  Especially on short and intermediate routes, not much space at all and very little YAC.

Bridgewater was ok.  He's very accurate on short stuff, but there were some longer throws where his arm strength,  or lack thereof, looked like an issue.   Did well to extend some plays.  Also..decision making was pretty good.  Only one throw i would say he shouldn't have attempted, but he got away with it

Edited by Charles
Grammar fix
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I know I am looking ahead but I’m dreading week 3 against the Cards. 

They better fix some **** this week and at least be competitive against the Broncos.

I really don’t think Arizona is as good as they showed yesterday. Weird week 1 example imo.

They’re good though for sure. Don’t really see us having much of a shot with how our defense looked against a QB with mobility like that. 

19 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I know I am looking ahead but I’m dreading week 3 against the Cards. 

They better fix some **** this week and at least be competitive against the Broncos.

Broncos struggled to get going offensively in the first half.  If we don't turn it over, game should be close at halftime.   Difference for us will be whether or not we commit to running the ball early.  If Trevor throws it more than say 35 times, there will be multiple picks and sacks.

27 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I really don’t think Arizona is as good as they showed yesterday. Weird week 1 example imo.

Not even weird, tbh. The Titans were legitimately the worst defense in NFL history in a handful of categories last year, and it doesn’t look like they did much to fix it. A good number of mediocre offenses are going to do that to their defense.

But the bad news is, we’re in the same boat as of how things look right now.

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

Not even weird, tbh. The Titans were legitimately the worst defense in NFL history in a handful of categories last year, and it doesn’t look like they did much to fix it. A good number of mediocre offenses are going to do that to their defense.

But the bad news is, we’re in the same boat as of how things look right now.

That unit is def bad, more so just mean the wholistic beat down they did. Titans offense with Henry, Julio, Brown, etc. managed 13 points themselves.

That Arizona defense has some players of course, but I could see that being a shootout type game tbh.

3 hours ago, Charles said:

Broncos struggled to get going offensively in the first half.  If we don't turn it over, game should be close at halftime.   Difference for us will be whether or not we commit to running the ball early.  If Trevor throws it more than say 35 times, there will be multiple picks and sacks.

It sounds like Urban wants to run the ball enough to have a balanced attack, but when we got down by a couple of scores, it put us in a position where we had to pass more than he would have otherwise liked. 

As far as Trevor throwing the ball, the picks don't bother me all that much because he is just going to have to go through a rookie learning curve on that.  He seems like the type who will learn quickly from his mistakes and try to keep the same mistake from happening again in the future.  You're definitely right on when it comes to the sacks, Charles.  Hopefully, we can limit those as much as possible.