Hawkeye Disney+ - New Episodes Wednesday's

Acgott

8 hours ago, Xenos said:

To be fair

Hide contents

He seemed on par with his Daredevil self. I can’t imagine someone like Kate being able to stop him otherwise without the car and the explosion.

Spoiler

Specifically him ripping a car door off like it was nothing and then yeah surviving a direct explosion and car hit. Don’t really recall him being quite that strong in Daredevil.

18 minutes ago, Kiltman said:
  Hide contents

Specifically him ripping a car door off like it was nothing and then yeah surviving a direct explosion and car hit. Don’t really recall him being quite that strong in Daredevil.

Spoiler

He's definitely stronger now than he was in Daredevil. Some enhancements maybe? Or maybe they just made the character stronger for his true MCU introduction.

I think part of what made him feel less intimidating here than in the Netflix series is that his army was a bunch of idiots in ski masks. In Daredevil, he had the entire police force and paramilitary units under his control. He owned the FBI! But here, he charges in alone and is also gentle with Kate? It didn't necessarily fit with what we've seen previously from him.

Still, when he got to do his monologues and such, he was as good as he was in Daredevil. I'm so glad to have him back and I can't wait to see more of him.

Was this the most comics inspired Marvel show yet? There were scenes, costumes, dialogue ripped right of the comics run in every episode.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Was this the most comics inspired Marvel show yet? There were scenes, costumes, dialogue ripped right of the comics run in every episode.

depends on your definition I think. Fraction's run is all over this series from a tone and comedic perspective. Story wise, its not at all the same. 

• Like 1

So...we're not gonna get a Swordsman and Mantis love story? :(

Anyway, the show was ok. I'd give it a C+. I thought it would be better, and felt like it needed another episode before the finale. But the pacing did seem like it worked for the amount of time this appears to take place, which is about a week? The Kingpin being back was great. Kate Bishop taking him own by herself and essentially beating him was a little...anti-climatic, although he did just get hit by a car. I thought the tone was going to get darker than what the initial trailer showcased, but nope it was about the same which I was a little bummed about. I know it's the holidays, but for the first time this felt like Disney put a little bit more squeeze on the content. I haven't read Fraction's run though, so perhaps that's just how it is. Helena's revenge tour wasn't that exciting, and Echo wasn't that compelling for me, but she's getting her own series so great for her. Also, was Laura Barton a prior iteration of Mockingbird? Was that a legacy title like Black Widow seems to be for Natasha? Is/was Laura Bobbi Morse? Perhaps that's Marvel Studios way of I guess closing that "Agents of Shield canon?" door. I'd prefer they just rip off the band-aid and shut the door if that was the case since this still isn't a definitive answer.  

So what's after this for the MCU? I'm too lazy to look it up, but Doctor Strange comes out on May 4th. I feel like there should be something in between now and then. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

So what's after this for the MCU? I'm too lazy to look it up, but Doctor Strange comes out on May 4th. I feel like there should be something in between now and then. 

There's like 5 Disney Plus shows on deck for various points of 2022, but none have hard release dates yet. It's presumed that Ms. Marvel would be earliest, though. It was originally slated for late 2021 after Hawkeye before they pushed stuff back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Also, was Laura Barton a prior iteration of Mockingbird? Was that a legacy title like Black Widow seems to be for Natasha? Is/was Laura Bobbi Morse? Perhaps that's Marvel Studios way of I guess closing that "Agents of Shield canon?" door. I'd prefer they just rip off the band-aid and shut the door if that was the case since this still isn't a definitive answer

Yes, Agent 18 is codename Mockingbird in the comics. Whether Laura is Bobbi Morse or not is up for debate but this confirms that she was at one point Mockingbird and an agent of SHIELD. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

There's like 5 Disney Plus shows on deck for various points of 2022, but none have hard release dates yet. It's presumed that Ms. Marvel would be earliest, though. It was originally slated for late 2021 after Hawkeye before they pushed stuff back.

Right the Disney+ shows. I wasn't thinking straight and had completely forgotten. 

13 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Hide contents

He's definitely stronger now than he was in Daredevil. Some enhancements maybe? Or maybe they just made the character stronger for his true MCU introduction.

I think part of what made him feel less intimidating here than in the Netflix series is that his army was a bunch of idiots in ski masks. In Daredevil, he had the entire police force and paramilitary units under his control. He owned the FBI! But here, he charges in alone and is also gentle with Kate? It didn't necessarily fit with what we've seen previously from him.

Still, when he got to do his monologues and such, he was as good as he was in Daredevil. I'm so glad to have him back and I can't wait to see more of him.

Apparently he was blipped, Vinny D said so.

So he’s building back his empire. Which makes him only having the Tracksuits make a little more sense. That and Ronin probably killed some of his guys along the way.

9 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

5? I think it's actually over 10 slated for 2022, lol.

Edited by rob_shadows

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Apparently he was blipped, Vinny D said so.

So he’s building back his empire. Which makes him only having the Tracksuits make a little more sense. That and Ronin probably killed some of his guys along the way.

I read that article too and it confused me. If Kingpin was blipped, how did he direct Ronin at Maya's dad? Clint was only active as Ronin during the blip years and immediately went back to his fam after Endgame. Was Echo holding down the tracksuit fort as a teenager? It just... doesn't track if he was blipped. 

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

5? I think it's actually over 10 slated for 2022, lol.

I'm pretty sure all that are 100% confirmed for 2022 are Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, She-Hulk, and Secret Invasion. There's speculation that What If...? season 2 will be 2022, but I don't think that's been confirmed. And then the GOTG Christmas Special, but that's not really a full thing.

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I read that article too and it confused me. If Kingpin was blipped, how did he direct Ronin at Maya's dad? Clint was only active as Ronin during the blip years and immediately went back to his fam after Endgame. Was Echo holding down the tracksuit fort as a teenager? It just... doesn't track if he was blipped. 

Ahhh yeah that doesn’t make sense