Hawkeye Disney+ - New Episodes Wednesday's

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I've seen a few things online where they took stills from the show and they are ripped exactly from the panels of that run.

Tbh I wish they’d give David Aja a featured credit during the animated end credits considering they jacked his covers & style for these same end credits.  His name is included (alongside 20 some other names) near the very end of the credits. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Tbh I wish they’d give David Aja a featured credit during the animated end credits considering they jacked his covers & style for these same end credits.  His name is included (alongside 20 some other names) near the very end of the credits. 

I feel like he is properly credited. Its based off of his style but he isnt the one animating or even working on them.

I'm not quite sure what the controversy is. He was compensated for his work on that series and Marvel owns the property rights to it. Just because they use his style in the TV show doesn't mean they have to pay him again, he was already paid for that work, and Marvel owns that work.

Episode 4 was my favorite episode so far. LOVED the chemistry between Clint and Kate. The table scene, the movie marathon night. THE BOOMERANG ARROW REFERENCE. It was all chef's kiss. If anything, the episode was just too short. 

Side note, starting to think the uncle is just Dalton

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Side note, starting to think the uncle is just Dalton

Definitely not. Even if it isn’t kingpin (which it is), Hawkeye has met the uncle before. If it was Dalton, he would have made more moves to get him and Kate out of there 

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

So who owns the watch?

I'm starting to think it's somehow related to Laura. Like suddenly she can speak German and do a massive deep dive on criminal enterprises in a matter of hours. She got spy training and retired when she met Clint. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I'm starting to think it's somehow related to Laura. Like suddenly she can speak German and do a massive deep dive on criminal enterprises in a matter of hours. She got spy training and retired when she met Clint. 

I like the fan theory that she was Mockingbird.

Agents of SHIELD got pretty decanonized, but even still it'd work fine.
Since she isn't Bobbi as far as we know.

But her just being a wife who is clued in is fun too.

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I like the fan theory that she was Mockingbird.

Agents of SHIELD got pretty decanonized, but even still it'd work fine.
Since she isn't Bobbi as far as we know.

But her just being a wife who is clued in is fun too.

Laura could easily be her cover identity and she could be Bobbi. If they do ever make AoS officially canon again, its easy to explain away the Mockingbird/Bobbi Morse moniker something that gets passed down when one dies or retires. 

• Like 1

4 was not as fun as 3, but still good. I didn't like that final fight scene either. Also, they've asked a lot of questions that they've got to answer now in just 2 episodes.

Spoiler for the questions they've posed in this series so far:

Spoiler

Who does the watch belong to? Is Kingpin going to show up? Did Clint really kill Maya's dad as Ronin? Why did Yelena seem to take it easy on Clint and especially Kate? Is Kazi going to flip on Maya somehow? Who killed the old guy; was it really the Swordsman, who Kate and Clint are assured it is (seems like a red herring to me)? And is he actually funding the tracksuit mafia as well? Is it Maya keeping notes on Clint's family?

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

4 was not as fun as 3, but still good. I didn't like that final fight scene either. Also, they've asked a lot of questions that they've got to answer now in just 2 episodes.

Spoiler for the questions they've posed in this series so far:

Hide contents

Who does the watch belong to? Is Kingpin going to show up? Did Clint really kill Maya's dad as Ronin? Why did Yelena seem to take it easy on Clint and especially Kate? Is Kazi going to flip on Maya somehow? Who killed the old guy; was it really the Swordsman, who Kate and Clint are assured it is (seems like a red herring to me)? And is he actually funding the tracksuit mafia as well? Is it Maya keeping notes on Clint's family?

Spoiler

It seems like it ties up Clint’s family, maybe it’s the link between him and ronin?

At this point it seems like he’s going to show up, but it’ll at best be like Thanos in GotG level cameo. One scene to establish him. If Daredevil is in NWH, the 6th episode will come out not even a week after. It’d be dope if there is a PC scene with Echo and Daredevil.

Yeah the Yelena thing was odd. At this point I don’t know if she’ll even be back. I linked the “not taking the shot” moment happening again. And Kate & Yelena would be a fun pair to see interact. But really no clue what they might do with her in this.

I think Kate’s mom is going to probably be the one responsible for a lot of things. Killing Armand the 3rd, setting up shell companies.

Kazi is an odd character, like he seems very relatable and nice. I wonder if him and Maya get into a big altercation when he tries to get her to back off on the Ronin thing.

58 minutes ago, Kiltman said:
Spoiler

Yeah the Yelena thing was odd. At this point I don’t know if she’ll even be back. I linked the “not taking the shot” moment happening again. And Kate & Yelena would be a fun pair to see interact. But really no clue what they might do with her in this.

Holy ish Hailie and Florence would have amazing buddy cop energy together! I drew the same comparison, that was Kate's shot she didnt take. I think Pugh did an amazing job conveying her conflicted feelings to Kate with just body language. Yelena wants revenge but this is still Nat's best friend we are talking about. 

• Like 1