Hawkeye Disney+ - New Episodes Wednesday's

Acgott

I would imagine Yelena went easy bcuz she wants to talk to Clint first. But tbh there’s no way Kate prolly escapes the fight with Maya without being badly hurt.  But this show has been pulling punches across the board bcuz it’s Disney.  That’s understandable tho and I’m really enjoying this series. 

Marvel is just nailing all these tie ins to the snap back

Love that we are still in the future a bit, it lets a lot of stuff happen in a short amount of time across a lot of difference places to set up the MCU going forward.

That dog is ******* adorable

This episode did a fantastic job of tying together a lot of loose strings the series had just been plucking at, and it's weaving a nice little web.

Loved the backdrop at the end of the credit spot with Kingpin looming over the same graphic they've been using.

If we get a Charlie Cox cameo, I might just lose my ****.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Marvel is just nailing all these tie ins to the snap back

Love that we are still in the future a bit, it lets a lot of stuff happen in a short amount of time across a lot of difference places to set up the MCU going forward.

That dog is ******* adorable

This episode did a fantastic job of tying together a lot of loose strings the series had just been plucking at, and it's weaving a nice little web.

Loved the backdrop at the end of the credit spot with Kingpin looming over the same graphic they've been using.

If we get a Charlie Cox cameo, I might just lose my ****.

Hopefully Pizza dog is in whatever Young Avengers thing pops up, 100% adorable. 

Yeah, it really did just smoosh together a lot of stuff in a solid way. Before this one I wasn’t sure they could do a satisfying ending. 

That was a great double down with him looming. I really like how Marvel plays with their end credits in these shows.

Man if we get Matt Murdock in Spidey this weekend, and then get him in an end credit tease next week in the suit…it’ll be insane. 

After a very paint-by-numbers Falcon & Winter Soldier, and an-interesting-after-blip-episode-but-drawn-out-first-few-eps Wandavision, and a Black Widow prequel that just wasn't built to do more than expand on Black Widow's origin.....the MCU has just hit major home runs with Loki, Shang Chi and now Hawkeye. 

This ep was so fantastic, on so many levels:

Spoiler

The blip scene was terrific - pretty clear the Blip is such a great vehicle, the Wandavision sequence was so powerful, and this one was no different.

The Yelena-Kate scene was so in-character, and it definitely tied up the Q's from the first fight scene.

The reveal that Kate's mom was tied to Kingpin was foreshadowable - but still delivered fantastically.

The fight scene ending with Clint and Echo was just so on-point - the writers didn't absolve Clint, but they made a twist that took a very plausible way for Echo to redirect her rage.   And yeah, it's so perfect to bring in the greater conspiracy, and to tie in Kingpin with not just Clint, but Echo on the same side.  GREAT writing here.

The character development with Kate's phone-stalker mode for Clint, was perfectly in-character, as was the Kingpin reveal. 

Now that Clint knows it's Yelena - can't wait to see how they resolve this. 

Honestly, the only way to describe this ep - *Chef's kiss*

The writing has been so good this season, I have nothing but high hopes for how it will finish.....really, all I can say for the next 3 eps is:

b3x42LX.png

Edited by Broncofan

On 12/8/2021 at 9:54 PM, Deadpulse said:

I'm starting to think it's somehow related to Laura. Like suddenly she can speak German and do a massive deep dive on criminal enterprises in a matter of hours. She got spy training and retired when she met Clint. 

Ok so massive aside to so many other big things, but this theory seems to be on track. Laura literally says, "no one would know better than I would" when they were talking about things getting messy and away from you on a mission. There is no way she isnt a retired SHIELD agent at the very least. 

38 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Ok so massive aside to so many other big things, but this theory seems to be on track. Laura literally says, "no one would know better than I would" when they were talking about things getting messy and away from you on a mission. There is no way she isnt a retired SHIELD agent at the very least. 

I quit Agents of SHIELD pretty quickly bcuz of how corny it was but I heard Mockingbird was on it later.  Not sure if that version was Bobbi Morse but I wish Laura is the real Mockingbird retired.  She clearly knows tradecraft inside out.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pwny said:

Without any spoilers, has anything happened in here that would potentially be relevant to seeing Spider-Man? Or can I wait until after seeing it Friday to catch up?

Potentially yes, but it’s something that probably would work in either order. 

There is something that speaks to the future of the MCU and especially the future of NYC. Actually there is that bigger thing and one passing mention, the passing mention we know is paid off in Spider-man NWH.

I’ll keep it spoiler tagged but the small thing I’ll mention it here,

Spoiler

but someone talks about the additions or facelift the Statue of Liberty got, which we know from the NWH trailer (and it was in a what if too) is they added Cap’s shield to her.

The blip thing was cool raised a lot of questions for me though.  

if someone was blipped in say a plane in the sky did they appear there 5 years later and fall to their death?

What if they were in a bathroom like Yelena but 5 years later it was renovated and a wall was there instead