Hawkeye Disney+ - New Episodes Wednesday's

Acgott

6 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I wonder how many episodes until Yelena Belova appears. Also is Vera Farmiga supposed to be Madam Masque?

Kate's Mom

Spoiler

Who coincidentally in the comics, was thought dead, but secretly is Madam Masque's benefactor and using her and her criminal resources to get revenge or her husband and Kate's father, Derek Bishop.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

If echos in it, fisk should be since he’s her stepdad. Right?

Eh, they might make vague references but...

By the time she takes on the Ronin mantle, which I assume is the version of the character we are going to get, she has already gone through her evil to redemption/revenge on fisk arc. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Eh, they might make vague references but...

By the time she takes on the Ronin mantle, which I assume is the version of the character we are going to get, she has already gone through her evil to redemption/revenge on fisk arc. 

Would make the most sense, but d’onofrio is liking every tweet regarding this show, could be misdirection though

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I get that. But this is where the MCU starts to lose me and I’d wager others. 

Damn really? Aite man. Other than recasting (which I think would be terrible) there isn't much the MCU can do. 

BTW what is it about the OG characters that just keeps you in that comfort zone anyway?

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

If echos in it, fisk should be since he’s her stepdad. Right?

I’m pretty sure Fisk will show up.

Her real dad is in it, Zahn McClarnon is playing him. He was Hanzee in the Fargo show, was in Westworld and other stuff too. Could be flashback stuff or something that plays out here a little depending how they deal with it.

They fast tracked the Echo show apparently, so both would be back as would Fisk, I’d imagine.

9 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I get that. But this is where the MCU starts to lose me and I’d wager others. 

But is a new Hawkeye really gonna detract much for people?

I don’t want to discount that some people won’t like Yelena and Kate as much as they maybe liked Nat & Clint. But they are fun characters/actors taking over. They also are probably going to be much more wildly used by nature of being a little cheaper to hire and being in the Disney+ Times of 4/5 films and 4/5 shows a year.

It’s definitely a weird time in the MCU with no Steve or Tony around. Natasha and Clint going away. They kinda have to get footing on teams, rebuilding relationships. At this point I don’t know who exactly shows up if they’d call the Avengers…which seems like the reasoning for upping the character count so much or moving people to the point b they need to get to. 

28 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

But is a new Hawkeye really gonna detract much for people?

Hawkeye, BW, Cap, Ironman, Hulk, Thor… All the OGs are being replaced with characters that I don’t care about. I’m not a comic reader so I have zero attachment to the new Avengers. 

I’ll give them a shot. But right now the only thing keeping me interested is Wanda, Loki, Spider-Man, Strange, and the next Thor/GotG movie. I guess Ant Man too for Quantumania. 

I plan on skipping Ms Marvel, Marvels, Eternals, and Ironheart. It’s a toss up for Moon Knight and She Hulk. I’ve said before that I really like Tatiana Maslany, but I have zero interest in the She Hulk character/show. Although… I just had the thought that she could be Spidey’s lawyer in NWH and not Murdock like people think. That could be a cool intro to the character. Probably won’t be either though. 

F4 and X-Men will have my interest for sure. 

Edited by kingseanjohn
  • Like 1