GDT Week 2: Gmen vs. WFT 9/16 @ 8:20PM Est

Giants4eva

Week 2... ALREADY. We have the misfortune of getting the 2nd earliest game of the year behind Dallas and Tampa. With that said we have to move on from Sunday and face our shortcomings right away. There was alot of mistakes to go around the whole team in the loss to the Broncos. DJ not holding onto the ball, oline blowing assignments, defence not being able to get off the field on 3rd and 4th down against Vic Fangios team. There was alot that has to be corrected. These men are pros and have to have a short memory because even after that 1 game, a win here equals alot of healing and making amends for what happened. We're coming into Washington luckily as of now with nobody really banged up except Engram. I don't think he'll be ready until week 3 so i'm excluding him from this game. Oline made some mistakes in this past game but overall looking back they are very correctable. This WFT dline wreaking havoc on us is the make or break for us. Im not worried about our D bouncing back. Im sure they will. Taylor Heinicke presumably is the guy well face as their qb since Fitzpatrick went down. Heinicke is sneaky good but i think this is a guy we can contain. The main question is can our offense overcome that ferocious front 4 they have. Well see. 

Gmen - 18 / WFT - 16 

Edited by Giants4eva

@Giants4eva thanks for posting this weeks matchup.  I'm looking forward to it as well as moving on from Sundays **** show.

I'd like to see our running game show up this week in the game plan.  Looking at the stats it seemed like a pretty vanilla game plan by Jason, run on first down, pass on 2nd and 3rd, punt rinse and repeat.  

We've got one of the better running backs in the league and he got 10 attempts for 26 yards.  He at least needs to be getting 15-20 if not more.  The team has got to figure out a way to establish a running game.  Daniel Jones can't do it all.    

1st quarter - 3 attempts rushing

2nd quarter - 3 attempts rushing

3rd quarter - 3 attempts rushing

4th quarter - 5 attempts rushing

I think our defense can win this upcoming game for us as long as the offense can move the chains enough to give the defensive unit a break.  They were on the field way too long last week.

This is a winnable game, even with a poor offense and a short week, but we need the defense to show up. Get Golladay involved early and establish the run; then all Daniel has to do is make less mistakes than Taylor Heinecke. I think he can manage that, even if his prospects as our long-term starter look grim.

14 hours ago, ny92mike said:

@Giants4eva thanks for posting this weeks matchup.  I'm looking forward to it as well as moving on from Sundays **** show.

I'd like to see our running game show up this week in the game plan.  Looking at the stats it seemed like a pretty vanilla game plan by Jason, run on first down, pass on 2nd and 3rd, punt rinse and repeat.  

We've got one of the better running backs in the league and he got 10 attempts for 26 yards.  He at least needs to be getting 15-20 if not more.  The team has got to figure out a way to establish a running game.  Daniel Jones can't do it all.    

1st quarter - 3 attempts rushing

2nd quarter - 3 attempts rushing

3rd quarter - 3 attempts rushing

4th quarter - 5 attempts rushing

I think our defense can win this upcoming game for us as long as the offense can move the chains enough to give the defensive unit a break.  They were on the field way too long last week.

Couldn't agree more. We have to win through the run game. If our defense can't keep that offense in check we have major, major issues. Yes, you could say that for the Broncos too but I have a lot of respect for Teddy B. 

We can't get into a situation where their rushers can tee off on us. It needs to be a strong rushing effort and I'd like to see more of Booker early. Saquon is insanely talented and needs to be a focal point of this offense but his legs aren't completely under him yet. Let's work Booker in and run downhill a bit more earlier.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Lower scoring (Under hits). Probably 20-17 or 23-17 Washington. Wouldn't be at all surprised if the winner is flipped with score staying the same. 

I have it 27-10 so we aren't too far off.  One thing is certain, it's gonna be an ugly win for one of us...haha.

This game went from ehh to winnable/maybe with Fitz getting hurt. That front 7 they have scares me though. Judge made numerous comments in his presser today to suggest he doesn't think any big plays can be expected against the WFT defense. IIRC he stated a dink dink dink type offensive approach. Lord I hope he is just playing mind games. Atl, NO, Dal, LARams, next 4 games. This is already a must win...

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Shockwave said:

This game went from ehh to winnable/maybe with Fitz getting hurt. That front 7 they have scares me though. Judge made numerous comments in his presser today to suggest he doesn't think any big plays can be expected against the WFT defense. IIRC he stated a dink dink dink type offensive approach. Lord I hope he is just playing mind games. Atl, NO, Dal, LARams, next 4 games. This is already a must win...

We lose this game, i really feel this season is in the tank. I have confidence in us because of the fact its washington but nothing is set in stone. I will say though we lose.. and ur gonna see fire and brimstone from the media, upper management and the fan base without question. 

Edited by Giants4eva
  • Like 1