GDT Week 2: Gmen vs. WFT 9/16 @ 8:20PM Est

Giants4eva

4th Quarter: Jones is sacked; Slayton saves us again, getting us into long FG range. He's been magic on third down tonight. Teams trade field goals and it's 23-20. We start driving and killing clock. Painful drop in the end zone by Slayton on a fine throw from DJ; that might have sealed the game. O-line nearly false starts us out of range but a DJ run gets some of the yards back. Daniel Jones is carrying us tonight. Even longer field goal by Gano connects; damn he's good. 26-20.

Defense barely shows up on the next drive as Washington gets a TD in two plays. Another lead change, 27-26. Will we ever have a game where the offense and the defense play well? Fine coverage by WFT ends our next drive early. They drive but Bradberry picks them off on the 20. Can't gain any yardage so Gano has to put us up by just two points with two minutes left.

Last drive results in a missed field goal that would have given us the win, but Lawrence jumped off-sides. Re-kick is good and Washington wins 30-29. I'm kind of numb to devastating losses by now, so no comment on that ending--except that this is what playing not to lose gets you. Fire Jason Garrett. 

The season is not over, it is too early for that. Lets see what the Eagles do against 49ers and what the Cowboys can do against the Chargers before we say the season is over. 

Clearly the Falcons game is a must win game, I am so pissed off at this team I am not going to watch it. It is going to take a while to get over this gut punch of a lost. We could have been in such a great position being 1-1 and then playing Atlanta to get to 2-1 and most likely tied for first. Instead bone headed mistake after bone headed mistake makes us 0-2, now we have to dig ourselves out of the hole we put ourselves in. 

Last season Joe Judge saw the offense was struggling he got involved and made it better. Now he needs to do the same with the defense. This is the defense that went into Seattle and shut them down, what happened to it? Lots of people on that coaching staff or making a lot of money to figure this out and correct it.

Now for the major positive out of this game, if not for a wide open Slayton dropping a ball that touched both of his hands and that bs holding call on DJ's touch down run, DJ would have had over 300 yards passing and 2 passing tds and over a 100 yards rushing and 2 rushing tds.  Also remember he did this with Golladay and Toney still not fully integrated into the offense and no Engram. All three of those weapons will be a factor it simply just a matter of time. On top of this DJ did all of this against a top 10 defense on the road. 

DJ is getting better before our eyes, last week he was locked on his primary target then checked it down when it was not there. This game you saw him look over all his options before making the throw. So as much as we want to win the division and go to the playoffs, this season is really about answering this question, can DJ be our franchise QB. I am not going to say he is after one game, but no one who saw the game can't say he took the first real step sense his rookie year to show us he can be. He needs to show us more and I believe he shall. We are not going to be facing top 10 defenses every week.

5 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

The season is not over, it is too early for that. Lets see what the Eagles do against 49ers and what the Cowboys can do against the Chargers before we say the season is over. 

Clearly the Falcons game is a must win game, I am so pissed off at this team I am not going to watch it. It is going to take a while to get over this gut punch of a lost. We could have been in such a great position being 1-1 and then playing Atlanta to get to 2-1 and most likely tied for first. Instead bone headed mistake after bone headed mistake makes us 0-2, now we have to dig ourselves out of the hole we put ourselves in. 

Last season Joe Judge saw the offense was struggling he got involved and made it better. Now he needs to do the same with the defense. This is the defense that went into Seattle and shut them down, what happened to it? Lots of people on that coaching staff or making a lot of money to figure this out and correct it.

Now for the major positive out of this game, if not for a wide open Slayton dropping a ball that touched both of his hands and that bs holding call on DJ's touch down run, DJ would have had over 300 yards passing and 2 passing tds and over a 100 yards rushing and 2 rushing tds.  Also remember he did this with Golladay and Toney still not fully integrated into the offense and no Engram. All three of those weapons will be a factor it simply just a matter of time. On top of this DJ did all of this against a top 10 defense on the road. 

DJ is getting better before our eyes, last week he was locked on his primary target then checked it down when it was not there. This game you saw him look over all his options before making the throw. So as much as we want to win the division and go to the playoffs, this season is really about answering this question, can DJ be our franchise QB. I am not going to say he is after one game, but no one who saw the game can't say he took the first real step sense his rookie year to show us he can be. He needs to show us more and I believe he shall. We are not going to be facing top 10 defenses every week.

Wrong. This season IS over. That was as demoralizing a loss as this team has seen in about 5 yrs. Ive come to the conclusion we are not built to come back from losses like that. I dont even know where to start when u honestly gift wrap and hand over a game like that. The oline penalties on Thomas, Solder, and the absolutely ridiculous call on CJ Board for holding was atrocious. And our defence??? LOLLLLLLLL... Are u kidding me?? My high school team couldve ran down their throats last night. No push up front, guys getting blown off the ball, 0 ability to finish on the blitz. PITIFUL. What does that all equate to? FINDING A WAY TO LOSE. I agree DJ played the best game of his career last night, but when the team around u is just that piss poor to hand over a W to the other guys, were already sunk. 

The Eagles are going to annihilate the 49ers. Did u see what they did to Atlanta? They have without question the best oline in football. Put any defense, u name em, Bucs, Rams, 49ers, Bills and im telling u right now they arent gonna have a prayer against that oline the Eagles got. They are as dominating as ive seen in a long long time. Jalen Hurts didnt have a falcon within 3 yds of him almost all game in their opening game and the kid just doesnt make mistakes. That D line they got is nasty as well. 

DJ? .. Yep great game. For nothing. This seasons over boys. Only thing im hoping on at this moment is that Nick Gates can heal and be ok. If u saw his left leg after that play it was horrifying. He was a guy i liked alot and it sucked to see him go down. 

Edited by Giants4eva