54 members have voted

1. 1. Who is gone by mid-season?

• Joe Barry
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Kevin King
    • Brian Gutekunst
    • None of the above

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

I’m with you on not liking the hire from the start, not many did. He has time to prove me wrong but hopefully not much time. LaFleur has to know what his standards are and if he was wrong, be willing to admit his mistakes early. By going deep into the post season, we did not get first pick on the run on new hires.  Don’t get me started on Leonhard, I’m still ticked and feel he was using the interview to strengthen his image but did not want to make the leap. 

I think Leonard is laying in the weeds for the head job with the Badgers. 

*** for Barry, this will be a good test of MLF. If Barry tanks, will he be stubborn like MM, or will he cut his loses and move on.

I'm giving Barry the benefit of the doubt here but maybe the old habbits of playing ineffective defence are still ingrained in these players heads and he is trying to change the culture and attitude. The only positive I did take from the last game for Barry was the camera shot we got of him getting animated on the sideline. That is refreshing to see. I'm clutching at straws here people...

• Like 1

I really don't think it's the coordinator now, and I didn't think it was with Fester or Capers.  Although, I didn't think Fester was quick enough with adjustments but maybe that was just me.  It's personnel, we need a few better quality people at a few important positions.  We need smart but aggressive players, not soft just get by'ers and we have a few of them.  Along with a couple that shouldn't be starting either because they simply aren't ready or they simply don't and never will have starting caliber talent.

9 minutes ago, 15412 said:

I really don't think it's the coordinator now, and I didn't think it was with Fester or Capers.  Although, I didn't think Fester was quick enough with adjustments but maybe that was just me.  It's personnel, we need a few better quality people at a few important positions.  We need smart but aggressive players, not soft just get by'ers and we have a few of them.  Along with a couple that shouldn't be starting either because they simply aren't ready or they simply don't and never will have starting caliber talent.

Hum. It would be easier to accept the idea of better players making a difference, if Barry had been successful some where else. But he hasn't been. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that there is no evidence that you are right. By mid-season we should see a trend.

If Frenchy/Gute/Murph believe at any point during the season that Barry is the problem or not good enough then he should be fired immediately.  I don't believe that will be the case but like you said, we should see a trend by mid-season.  Barry certainly will be gone at the end of the year if the trio believe he didn't get it done with the talent he had.  Most all of us have soured on the likes of King, but as a high snap player Lowry is another example.  An NFL player, but a starter or high snap lineman you count on?  Inside LB's also still very much in question with little having been done there to improve that situation.  Low picks and hoping re-treads pick up some life hasn't worked.

18 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The closest thing to a major shakeup in season is going to be benching Kevin King in favor of Eric Stokes.  But that doesn't mean that King will be released.

You don't see Barry being on the hot seat? What if defense becomes a raging disaster by mid-season and the players lose respect for him? His track record is not good. I guess I just had serious concerns from the git go with him and he hasn't done anything to make me feel better. The Lions game will be interesting. If the defense continues to under perform it could get messy going forward.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

You don't see Barry being on the hot seat? What if defense becomes a raging disaster by mid-season and the players lose respect for him? His track record is not good. I guess I just had serious concerns from the git go with him and he hasn't done anything to make me feel better. The Lions game will be interesting. If the defense continues to under perform it could get messy going forward.

No.  Unless things go absolutely horrible, he's our DC for at least this year and next at a minimum.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

No.  Unless things go absolutely horrible, he's our DC for at least this year and next at a minimum.

not sure I agree. Brass appears keen on presenting optics of being "all-in", and if defense sucks, and we have a finalist on the staff behind him, there's very, VERY little downside to an in-season coaching replacement.

They did it with McCarthy, so they obviously have no problem with in-season staff changes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

not sure I agree. Brass appears keen on presenting optics of being "all-in", and if defense sucks, and we have a finalist on the staff behind him, there's very, VERY little downside to an in-season coaching replacement.

They did it with McCarthy, so they obviously have no problem with in-season staff changes.

Except McCarthy had completely lost the lockerroom, it was immediately after a Week 12 loss when the team was 4-6-1, and we were eliminated from the playoffs.

CWood is right, King will get benched for Stokes as was the plan all along and then we're going to have to have back-to-back losing seasons before Barry is fired...unless the local media turn up the heat on Barry which we all know they don't have the stones to do...