54 members have voted

1. 1. Who is gone by mid-season?

• Joe Barry
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Kevin King
    • Brian Gutekunst
    • None of the above

7 minutes ago, cannondale said:

MLF made the "tough" decisions with coaches that others chose. Let's see how he does with coaches (friends) he chose.

I'd have Joe Barry on a very short leash ... his defense returned everyone from a unit that was upper half of the league last year and he proceeds to lead the worst debut ever by a Packers DC.  It's hard to have any faith in this guy at all .. he's been awful as a DC during his career and it's carried right over to GB.

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd have Joe Barry on a very short leash ... his defense returned everyone from a unit that was upper half of the league last year and he proceeds to lead the worst debut ever by a Packers DC.  It's hard to have any faith in this guy at all .. he's been awful as a DC during his career and it's carried right over to GB.

You would, I would, but I don't think MLF will.

Need to right the ship and get this moving in a positive direction. What a bad week to have an extra day. 

If you all haven't put Sunday behind you and moved on, get a life. The players have moved on to Detroit, as they should. 

I voted for none. I'm over what happened and think we'll right this ship.

Super Bowl? The defensive line probably isn't good enough tbh. 

UNLEASH THE DILLON!!!!! Good god, LaFleur, you're channeling your inner McC*rthy with how few reps you give your stud-machine RB.

Trade out Lazard for Cobb on 3rd down or other clear pass plays. On a side note, I hope Funchess is on speed-dial because I kinda miss him already.

... 'wish we could change our D-Coord!! 🙁

King can't play, gotta go with Stokes at CB2.

I would also significantly reduce Lowry/Lancaster reps for more Slaton and Heflin. I get why coaches do not want to hand out starting positions unless the backup player has decidedly earned it, but I would nominally start the other two but play the young guys when it counts. Also, we are making a run here, so conventions go out the door.

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

You would, I would, but I don't think MLF will.

Well no, especially if Barry was the guy MLF selected....To push him out the door during the season, the message might be sent that our HC is incompetent when it comes to choosing coaching personnel....

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

23 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Well no, especially if Barry was the guy MLF selected....To push him out the door during the season, the message might be sent that our HC is incompetent when it comes to choosing coaching personnel....

It just depends on the reasons behind the poor play.  If it's because Barry can't properly communicate orders to his players, or can't keep up with the pace of the game it's more than fair to make a change.  You don't even have to fire Barry .. you just replace him with a different voice.  

Its way early to making any determinations on Joe Barry, but if LaFleur sees that there is a major issue he's got to do whatever is necessary to keep this ship afloat, and if demoting a guy like Joe Barry is warranted then it's something LaFleur must do.  Some people would see that as LaFleur being decisive.  Right your wrong quickly and move on.  Let's just hope this whole team rounds into shape Monday Night and we look competent in all phases. 

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

why is this prefaced with "except"?

because the person with whom I responded said that we've made in-season changes before and I was casually pointing to an example that occurred due to the extreme.

We're stuck with Barry, plain and simple.

53 minutes ago, Joe said:

because the person with whom I responded said that we've made in-season changes before and I was casually pointing to an example that occurred due to the extreme.

We're stuck with Barry, plain and simple.

But the whole premise of the discussion centers on IF Barry's defense sucks so bad (i.e. loses the locker room). It's not that extreme. Probably happens a couple times a season a coach is fired in season?

5 hours ago, Gopher Trace said:

UNLEASH THE DILLON!!!!! Good god, LaFleur, you're channeling your inner McC*rthy with how few reps you give your stud

I like Dillon but I don't feel it's the same situation as Jones, He has skills but he doesn't have that extra burst like Henry or the wiggle Chubb has, Jones has the vision and homerun potential.

He's a good piece to use in certain matchups like New england used to do.

8 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It just depends on the reasons behind the poor play.  If it's because Barry can't properly communicate orders to his players, or can't keep up with the pace of the game it's more than fair to make a change.  You don't even have to fire Barry .. you just replace him with a different voice.  

Its way early to making any determinations on Joe Barry, but if LaFleur sees that there is a major issue he's got to do whatever is necessary to keep this ship afloat, and if demoting a guy like Joe Barry is warranted then it's something LaFleur must do.  Some people would see that as LaFleur being decisive.  Right your wrong quickly and move on.  Let's just hope this whole team rounds into shape Monday Night and we look competent in all phases. 

I was under the impression though that the Barry hire included MLF's guidance...

As for the Monday night game, we have to assume Detroit will get in their own way again when it comes to winning....They looked good the first and last part of the SF game....I didn't watch them though when SF built the twenty-eight point lead...Was Detroit's late comeback a case of the Niners getting complacent and losing focus?....More than likely...Also seems to me the last time we played the Lions, from the start they built a ten point lead on us....Will be interesting to see how we handle something like this after last week's debacle....We know this team is too talented to not right the ship against the Lions....  

22 hours ago, CWood21 said:

No.  Unless things go absolutely horrible, he's our DC for at least this year and next at a minimum.

I'm thinking this would be true except....the 'All in' attitude this year.  That and the fact that you have a DC in waiting on the staff already in Gray.

If we keep seeing Barry imitate Pettine in the softness of coverages?  I think a change could be made.

12 hours ago, incognito_man said:

But the whole premise of the discussion centers on IF Barry's defense sucks so bad (i.e. loses the locker room). It's not that extreme. Probably happens a couple times a season a coach is fired in season?

I get it and I want to see an in-season firing after the SF blowout loss believe you me...or when Kyler Murray pwns us. I just don't see it happening because of the personal bond between Barry and MLF. 

3 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

I'm thinking this would be true except....the 'All in' attitude this year.  That and the fact that you have a DC in waiting on the staff already in Gray.

If we keep seeing Barry imitate Pettine in the softness of coverages?  I think a change could be made.

I'm certainly not opposed to making Gray the DC, but how is he a DC in waiting exactly? 

As for the second line of your post, I am starting to think Pettine's laidback attitude is what really ushered in his exit rather than the scheme. Barry's nothing more than a high energy u-rah-rah guy and nothing more TBH.

14 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

We're moving on from Aaron Rodgers after this season.  Do you think we are realistically going to change DCs midseason?