Crazy Trade Idea Between The Lions and Dolphins

Just Want A Title

10 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Really? Decker was the 4th ranked LT at pass protection which is something GOFF needs. I’m not going to comment anymore because we all see different, current, ability from Sewell. 

You see one game, and judge based on that.  Sewell didn't allow a pressure to Bosa in week 1.  He had a very solid week 2 and struggled some in week 3 and even with his struggles has not allowed a sack.  So yes, it is a slight downgrade from Decker.  Even if it is a significant downgrade but less significant than switching them, the line is better off with Sewell at LT.  You seem to be so focused on just LT that you dont care if the RT is a turnstile.  I'd rather have the best 5 man unit opposed to just the better LT, and based on what we have seen and heard of Sewell at RT, the best unit is not having him play RT. 

18 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Slim, he has a grade of 62 overall. That doesn’t cut it. He was progressing at RT and he IS the right tackle. Your opinion of him being pretty good which when I’ve seen him play well it’s because he has help. 

Decker had the fourth highest pass protection grade last year. He was only beaten 11 times!! 

So you want a rookie with a 62 grade to displace Decker so he can be moved to a position he doesn’t play.

If/when the time comes I would have no problem with a switch but that time hasn’t arrived.

Your sample size is so small with that 62 though.  It was above 75 before last game, and he still didnt give up a sack.  The 75 is higher than any year of Decker other than last year. So yes, I am ok having a rookie at LT for now, in a year that doesnt really matter to see if we can make it work and watch him improve and to see if Decker can fit in at RT.  If he keeps playing like he did against Baltimore, than maybe he is a bust and will have to move inside.  If he plays more like he did the first two weeks, I am super excited for the future of him there. 

31 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Best 5 I absolutely agree with. My view is you want your best tackle playing the left side. Sewell is going to be a great player but isn’t currently better than Decker. What everyone is advocating is giving the job to a rookie with three games under his belt. A rookie who is inferior to Decker. 

I don't think you necessarily need your best OT at LT. I think you gotta play your best five. To just make up arbitrary numbers, if Sewell is a 70 at LT and a 60 at RT and Decker is an 80 at both LT and RT, your OL is going to be better with Decker at RT and Sewell at LT. 

• Like 3

On 10/1/2021 at 1:30 PM, diehardlionfan said:

Really? Decker was the 4th ranked LT at pass protection which is something GOFF needs. I’m not going to comment anymore because we all see different, current, ability from Sewell. 

It's ok, we'll just have to set back, watch the games and see how this plays out. People disagree with me all the time. B|

Edited by SimbaWho

It's too bad the Rams won't trade Robert Woods. It seems like Stafford doesn't have the chemistry with him Goff did. He'd be a really nice addition in Detroit. Great team guy. Skilled technician at WR who catches the ball consistently, runs great routes, and is one of the NFL's best blocking WRs. He'd be the perfect guy to show Cephus and St. Brown the ropes. 

18 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It's too bad the Rams won't trade Robert Woods. It seems like Stafford doesn't have the chemistry with him Goff did. He'd be a really nice addition in Detroit. Great team guy. Skilled technician at WR who catches the ball consistently, runs great routes, and is one of the NFL's best blocking WRs. He'd be the perfect guy to show Cephus and St. Brown the ropes. 

I wonder what it would take to get him?

10 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

I wonder what it would take to get him?

I don't know that the Rams would trade him during the season. Van Jefferson is emerging, but it would leave DeSean Jackson as the #3 WR. And relying on Jackson to stay healthy isn't something you want to do. While Tutu Atwell would be the #4 WR, I don't think they want to have to rely on him to make an impact this year.

Edited by jrry32

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Another WR trade thought. Let's say the Browns are willing to deal Odell Beckham Jr. for a third. What say you?

I wouldn't do it. He won't want to come here, so you'll already be fighting an uphill battle. He's been battling injuries so he probably won't be available often. You're spending valuable draft capital on an aging veteran. By the time the team is ready to really compete (let's say in 2023), he's likely going to be gone. Whereas that 3rd round pick could be used to move up to grab someone else in the draft or stay and find someone who could be solid depth at a minimum. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I wouldn't do it. He won't want to come here, so you'll already be fighting an uphill battle. He's been battling injuries so he probably won't be available often. You're spending valuable draft capital on an aging veteran. By the time the team is ready to really compete (let's say in 2023), he's likely going to be gone. Whereas that 3rd round pick could be used to move up to grab someone else in the draft or stay and find someone who could be solid depth at a minimum. 

The concern I would have is his personality. But a third round pick makes it interesting. He doesn't turn 29 years old until next month, so he probably has something left in the tank. Him and Baker have no chemistry for whatever reason. Before he went to Cleveland, he was an absolute stud. If a QB who gels better with him can recreate that, you fill a big hole for the next few years and might just end up being competitive ahead of schedule.

On 10/1/2021 at 1:43 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

You see one game, and judge based on that.  Sewell didn't allow a pressure to Bosa in week 1.  He had a very solid week 2 and struggled some in week 3 and even with his struggles has not allowed a sack.  So yes, it is a slight downgrade from Decker.  Even if it is a significant downgrade but less significant than switching them, the line is better off with Sewell at LT.  You seem to be so focused on just LT that you dont care if the RT is a turnstile.  I'd rather have the best 5 man unit opposed to just the better LT, and based on what we have seen and heard of Sewell at RT, the best unit is not having him play RT. 

So now you decide the criteria and how I’m judging Sewell. Obviously your ego won’t allow discussion because you KNOW how I’ve come to my opinion. 

Sewell flat out isn’t ready. With adequate guard play the Bears beat him like a rented mule. But go ahead and tell me how putting a top LT at RT is such a great move. 

On 10/1/2021 at 1:49 PM, jrry32 said:

I don't think you necessarily need your best OT at LT. I think you gotta play your best five. To just make up arbitrary numbers, if Sewell is a 70 at LT and a 60 at RT and Decker is an 80 at both LT and RT, your OL is going to be better with Decker at RT and Sewell at LT. 

Sure, but Decker hasn’t played RT. Personally, I would rather have one tackle in a learning mode than both. 

I think everyone is way ahead of themselves with Sewell. He needs time. He needs experience and he needs coaching. 

He just isn’t ready at this point in his development. 

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

Sure, but Decker hasn’t played RT. Personally, I would rather have one tackle in a learning mode than both. 

I think everyone is way ahead of themselves with Sewell. He needs time. He needs experience and he needs coaching. 

He just isn’t ready at this point in his development. 

Don't you get experience by playing though?  Having him on the right side has been a huge struggle.  Even worse than he has shown on the left side.  I get if we are trying to compete and be a playoff team, maybe you do something different but when you are 0-4, not expected to be good, you give your guys experience to see what works best.  If Sewell shows the same struggles at RT when Decker is back, than you have to try different things.  

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

So now you decide the criteria and how I’m judging Sewell. Obviously your ego won’t allow discussion because you KNOW how I’ve come to my opinion. 

Sewell flat out isn’t ready. With adequate guard play the Bears beat him like a rented mule. But go ahead and tell me how putting a top LT at RT is such a great move. 

If you watched Sewell week 1 and 2 without a preconceived determination on him being the RT, you would have been open to him staying at LT.  His PFF grades and stats in general were positive, more positive than Decker in the past against elite pass rushers.  The past 2 games have slowed excitement over him but he still has the elite potential.  The guard play was not good and Ragnow went out too.  The whole line was bad against the Bears.