Week 2: Lions on MNF

FAH1223

Lions nearly came back against 49ers who took foot off the gas.

We killed the Lions @ Lambeau last September 20th. Barely won @ Detroit at the end of the season.

The 3rd overall pick in 2020 is out for the year with a torn Achilles.

Savage wasn't hurt bad.

Edited by FAH1223

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Whole message after the game was how they respond after a loss like yesterday but beating up on a bad Lions team won't tell us a thing. It should be expected. Now, if they struggle against Detroit or even lose, that will tell us a lot

So, in essence they've nothing to win and everything to lose.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

So, in essence they've nothing to win and everything to lose.

That's how I read his post also.  My opinion is they have have something to win - their respect back - by showing tremendous improvement this week against a gritty division rival.  Coming out flat again this week could be more of an indictment of the coaching staff than the vagaries of our personnel at certain positions.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

That's how I read his post also.  My opinion is they have have something to win - their respect back - by showing tremendous improvement this week against a gritty division rival.  Coming out flat again this week could be more of an indictment of the coaching staff than the vagaries of our personnel at certain positions.

The season starts in earnest this week. We snoozed thru yesterday. Never took it serious and I think NOLA injuries leading up to the game enhanced the Packer's complacency.

I think the season's got their attention now.....

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

It may be a bad Lions team, but they could very well be the stiffest competition in the NFC-N.  Bears looked like the bears, and Vikings couldnt handle a very mediocre Bengals team that made some of the worst playcalling youll ever see

Vikes OL is truly terrible but they still have far and away the best overall talent outside of GB in the division. IDK how many wins they end up with but I'd expect them to finish 2nd in the end. North as a whole could see 9 wins being enough to win the division with how brutal the collective schedule is having to play the NFCW and AFCN

Detroit opened the season against SF and GB. Ouch lol. Well, maybe. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Their front 7 is much worse than New Orleans, so we SHOULD be able to control the LOS more on offense. Could be a huge difference if Rodgers can get his timing down.

I suspect it's going to take a lot of focus and energy to win this one, however.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Detroit opened the season against SF and GB. Ouch lol. Well, maybe. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Their front 7 is much worse than New Orleans, so we SHOULD be able to control the LOS more on offense. Could be a huge difference if Rodgers can get his timing down.

I suspect it's going to take a lot of focus and energy to win this one, however.

Aaron Jones killed em last year in Lambeau

I feel like (and hope) Lafleur gets back to his basics of his offense. Forcing the Lions to stop the run, run those mesh plays, run those motions, and finish it off with playaction. Don't spread it out unless you absolutely need to. Let's beat up on the Kitties and see what it felt like last year with what worked.

• Like 2