Week 2: Lions on MNF

FAH1223

1 minute ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Lol at least that was funny and not just an tag my way for nothing. 

I'll reiterate this again for everybody I haven't cared for the way he's handled things this offseason anymore than the rest of you do and express that from time to time I just don't get off on the gangrape you people subject him to on a daily basis seemingly for fun.

It is pretty fun though. Not gonna lie.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, R T said:

Does spice things up when the resident, hero worshipping apologist is always triggered.  

Apologists don’t usually offer criticism of their own of the same guy you’ve formed some weird fetish for by spending hours of each day of your life discussing in fact that sounds awfully “triggered” to me if we’re still using that term like it’s 2016 still LOL. You don’t know this man, nor do you know me but you sure like to devote a lot of your attention to both of us. Hence why I said it’s unhealthy and maybe football is a bit much for you. 

Edited by Rodjahs12

What about guys like me who would make fun of anyone on the team, except for my boys*, and still blame Rodgers for the Saints game?

The Packers were not winning that game with that QB performance whether it was Aaron Rodgers, me, Ghandi, or Swamp Thing.  And that is the end of it.  Nothing to do with liking him or not, it was just not good enough.  But then you also add in that he is an easy target to make fun of, for a myriad of reasons and suddenly we are all haters?

*Dave's boys are:

Mason Crosby

MVS

TJ Slaton

Malik Taylor

Vernon Scott

Henry Black is really sneaking his way in there right now.

**once you get to star status or have gotten paid, you can no longer be a boy.  So even if you love Kenny Clark, Davante, or Jaire, they can't be a "boy."  But if a guy sees a lot of undue criticism, he can return to "boy" status.  AJ Hawk and Nick Barnett are also "my boys."

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

What about guys like me who would make fun of anyone on the team, except for my boys*, and still blame Rodgers for the Saints game?

The Packers were not winning that game with that QB performance whether it was Aaron Rodgers, me, Ghandi, or Swamp Thing.  And that is the end of it.  Nothing to do with liking him or not, it was just not good enough.  But then you also add in that he is an easy target to make fun of, for a myriad of reasons and suddenly we are all haters?

*Dave's boys are:

Mason Crosby

MVS

TJ Slaton

Malik Taylor

Vernon Scott

Henry Black is really sneaking his way in there right now.

**once you get to star status or have gotten paid, you can no longer be a boy.  So even if you love Kenny Clark, Davante, or Jaire, they can't be a "boy."  But if a guy sees a lot of undue criticism, he can return to "boy" status.  AJ Hawk and Nick Barnett are also "my boys."

thank yewww AJ!!

Expect our offense to be much better tomorrow. The much bigger question is can our defense stop the Lions from going on back to back to back 15 play drives and eating up 2/3 of the game. This game probably tells us whether the defense simply had a bad game last week or whether we're headed for a bottom 10 unit under Barry.

23 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Expect our offense to be much better tomorrow. The much bigger question is can our defense stop the Lions from going on back to back to back 15 play drives and eating up 2/3 of the game. This game probably tells us whether the defense simply had a bad game last week or whether we're headed for a bottom 10 unit under Barry.

I'm not sure a good game against the Lions tells us a whole lot about our defense. If we play poorly against them, I'd say it certainly says we suck at this point. If we play well, that should be expected since the Lions team is bereft of talent. 

I also think a bad game doesn't doom us for the year, unless we're tagged with an L. Teams can and do improve over time. Our last Super Bowl defense turned it up towards the end of the season and through the playoffs. The talent is there on defense, is Barry the guy to get it out of them? Jury clearly out on that question. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

🙄 I'll be excited if he gets within 3 yards of the QB on a rush this week. Him and Rivers were literally useless out there against NO.

It's pretty striking how Z on a bad back was able to still have his impact felt on his rushes and his positioning all over the line. 

56 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

It's pretty striking how Z on a bad back was able to still have his impact felt on his rushes and his positioning all over the line. 

Yea losing Z is huge, especially for the next 2 weeks against good teams in SF and Pitt. Hopefully he only misses 3 weeks. Maybe somehow we'll see the Davante effect where our offense actually played even better without him. Maybe our defense will rally...

No excuses if we lose to the Lions. Unlike when the Titanic was sinking, no one will be calmly playing music on the deck. It will be every man, woman and child for themselves and full panic mode around here. Last one off the bandwagon goes down with the ship.

Let's hope that doesn't happen.