HOT TAKE: The Houston Texans WILL make the playoffs!

biggie.

And the Lord sayeth; He who will come By Easter, he who will be named Jack, will shed the monster who toucheth thy women and will bring salvation with an army of choir boys too the land of the long horns. So He sayeth and so will be done. - The Book of Jack Easterby 1:4 Extreme Edition

I'm not surprised at all. This is all just a prelude too the rapture. See the next verse;

He will bringeth the man that is 15 warriors, the last of the men that was praised for kneeling and that man will beat the 16, showing at 15 is the greater number - The Book of Jack Easterby 1:15 Extreme Edition

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

The Jacksonville Jaguars are the worst team in the NFL.

The Texans are still bottom 3 but might not get the top pick.

I think it's a push, all things considered - on the road, first game ever for HC and QB - the mental miscues were abundant, those will work out over the course of the season.

I'm expecting Jax to win the rubber match at TIAA.

8 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Jax being the worst isn't surprising. Meyer was a joke hire and Lawrence wasn't even the best QB prospect in his class (TREY LANCE) and may only be third (I'm really big on Justin Fields). Hell, he could easily be fourth if Mac Jones continues to develop.

Not saying Houston's any good, but they arguably have the best QB situation (SAD!) and are in a horrible division.

Edited by biggie.

7 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Jax being the worst isn't surprising. Meyer was a joke hire and Lawrence wasn't even the best QB prospect in his class (TREY LANCE) and may only be third (I'm really big on Justin Fields). Hell, he could easily be fourth if Mac Jones continues to develop.

Not saying Houston's any good, but they arguably have the best QB situation (SAD!) and are in a horrible division.

I had him 3rd behind Mac and Fields however also thought he would have the worst success in his first 2-3 years out of the 5 due to Urban Meyer and a terrible team. Still worried Fields and Wilson fail because of the OLs but Lawrence I'm most concerned about.

If Lance fails, it's because he isn't good. Lawrence, Fields and Wilson need to hope they get an OL.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

I heard reports throughout the off season that the Texans were a poorly run organization.  After watching them play in Week 1, I'd have to conclude that those reports were definitely overblown.  The team's ownership and management are obviously doing a tremendous job and the product they are putting on the field is bearing that out.  If I were the Texans, I wouldn't change a thing!  :)

Really I think all the people talking bad about the Texans FO need to get in here and eat crow. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Really I think all the people talking bad about the Texans FO need to get in here and eat crow. 

It's cool. I'm covering all of them by hailing Jack Easterby as our lord and saviour. I mean, we can't have ET utter a word in his praise without hell freezing over ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

I don't think they are.  They certainly have things to work on, but there is a decent amount of young talent on their roster.  While I'm not expecting them to be world-beaters this year, they could win 5-6 games as they all get some experience working together and if they buy in to Urban Meyer's program.