HOT TAKE: The Houston Texans WILL make the playoffs!

biggie.

On 9/14/2021 at 1:16 PM, Matts4313 said:

Really I think all the people talking bad about the Texans FO need to get in here and eat crow. 

... it's week one. Let's not forget, this same Jags team started 1-0 last year, then proceeded to lose 15 in a row (further evidence that this W might not be the best barometer). Beating a team currently on a 16 game losing streak isn't the "I told you so" moment you were banking on.

I'm all but certain you'll have to eat crow for assuming crow needs to be served.

On 9/14/2021 at 2:38 PM, Jeezy Fanatic said:

NFL General seems as balanced and rational as ever

Indeed, nothing has really changed. It could be my fault, but I'm choosing to blame @Forge.

So, I get that people were on the train of thinking Houston might be 0-16 worthy, but bad teams beat bad teams all the time. Like, unless people thought Lawrence and Meyer were going to instantly turn around the Jags, I don't see how this win is indicative of really anything. This is still probably just one <5 win team beating another, by season's end.

On 9/14/2021 at 7:30 AM, ttitansfan4life said:

Some of y’all overate the hell out of Arthur Smith my god…. How’d his offense look against the Eagles? Houston beat the Jags, let’s calm down. Both the Titans and Colts played legitimate NFL teams. Titans looked like ****. They looked like a team whose offense didn’t take TC serious and got smacked in the mouth from the jump.

Losing Arthur Smith isn't as big of a deal as replacing him with the large pile of incompetence that is Todd Downing.

The Any Given Sunday rule is always in effect.

The Texans were 4-12 and outplayed the 11-5 Colts twice but lost on a pair of red zone fumbles in the last 2 minutes.

The Texans were garbage at 4-12 or at 6-10 if they did not fumble.

No crow in either case.

You don't win anything over us if the Texans go 5-12 instead of 3-14

I don’t see it happening but if it did and let’s say it wasn’t a 2020 NFC East situation where the winning team went 7-9 it should be considered one of the great coaching jobs of the last 20 years considering what people were saying about Houston pre season