The Good, the Bad, the undefeated Raiders baby!!! Post-game chat week one.

RaidersAreOne

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yep. But gruden refuses to get HR3 involved. Just give him a few protected releases in a bunch and let him cook. We did it once and got 40 yards.

I thought yesterday it was more like he was open and car who wasn’t seeing the field early didn’t get it to him(except for the time he fell on what was a bang bang play). Derek Carr closed out the game amazingly but we can’t forget that that’s what actually happened early in the game.

and that’s just calling a spade a spade.

I’m gonna go against the grain here, and I’m sure I’ll get roasted. But koonce over Ferrell? Next week in Pittsburg? Activate both. Maybe Ferrell has a decent game y’all? It has happened before. Lol. And cle does give you more versatility (in case of injury?lol)  I personally put more blame for first half offense on not playing, I’m old school, sue me. Lol! I wanted lamb for sure, but damn, at least throw some balls his way before the 4th qtr. cussed abram for getting beat early ( but it was lamar) but overall he looked better. Only lber that might have had a chance to be in position against Watkins was Littleton....period. Maybe white when healthy. Lol! And for anybody putting blame on carr for the pick? Cmon man, A) if you can touch it(especially with BOTH hands!) and B) take some off of it? I thought it was huge he even got it off. Lol  hell I guess he shoulda had a cup o joe and just relaxed before he threw it? Again CMON MAN!!!! everything else has been covered plenty. Great win for the team, and raider Nation!  On a side note.... it would’ve been hard for me to not tell the Debbie downer fan to GTFO!!! I salute your patience bro!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

I didn’t even think of that not ideal. Also Waller was getting rocked yesterday as well with all that usage give the big man a rest day during the week 

Oh yea Waller took some shots last night from the defense everyone knew carr was gonna throw to him 97% of the time 

30 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Higgins.  I really liked Jefferson but everyone was against it because they thought he would have to play in the slot.  Claypool was good value in the 2nd.  I ould have wanted to wait until the 3rd round.  I would not have taken him in the 1st but he did perform like a 1st rounder last year.

Clay was a 2nd in my mock I had Jeff and that cb from Clemson (hungover lol) in the first and clay and hurts in the 2nd

24 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I thought yesterday it was more like he was open and car who wasn’t seeing the field early didn’t get it to him(except for the time he fell on what was a bang bang play). Derek Carr closed out the game amazingly but we can’t forget that that’s what actually happened early in the game.

and that’s just calling a spade a spade.

I want to see the play. Does someone have the all 22 I haven't bought game pass this year.

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I have been one of the biggest skeptics on this team but man what a performance. 

The good

• Derek Carr, two words: Veteran Performance. The offense was sluggish to start the game, players weren't getting open, we couldn't run the ball. Carr was pretty conservative for the majority of the game but playing behind a very young OL with very young WR, he was composed. He didn't try to force anything, he didn't turn the ball over, and he didn't put the team in bad spots. When the game was on the line he made some big time throws, the pass to Edwards was amazing but the pass to Jones after he had just thrown the INT was big time. The best Carr performance since 2016. 

• Maxx Crosby is that dude, has a chance to be one of the best edge players in the league this year, amazing performance. 

• The defense as a whole did a great job especially against one of the most dynamic players in the league. 

• Darren "the baller' Waller, enough said. 

• Bryan Edwards, Henry Ruggs, and Hunter Renfrow all came through in clutch moments.

The bad:

• Andre James and the rest of our young offensive line will have to be better. 

• A lot of guys look banged up already. 

The Undefeated:

• Last years team would've folded under similar circumstances but this years group rallied and got the W. Just win baby. 

Totally agree. It's tough on the OL as they were left with both backup guards, a rookie RT and a centre playing only his second game but they did make big mistakes at crucial times. They will improve hopefully and they did stick in there but we could really do with Incognito back.

I will say that very last play call was genius. Really gutsy, especially after the delay of game/ field goal fiasco. Man, I was biting my nails to the quick 😁