The Good, the Bad, the undefeated Raiders baby!!! Post-game chat week one.

RaidersAreOne

Abram allowed three completions on five targets for just 16 yards and a passer rating of 65.4 when targeted, to go along with a nice pass breakup against tight end Mark Andrews and a respectable PFF coverage grade of 72.8. That’s a significant improvement seeing as he was the lowest-graded player at his position last season.

"But Abrams doesn't have instincts and he cant cover. It doesn't matter who the defensive coordinator is or what scheme hes in!"

Because remember players don't need to be coached up or developed or be in the right scheme to be good 

Edited by Jeremy408

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Abram allowed three completions on five targets for just 16 yards and a passer rating of 65.4 when targeted, to go along with a nice pass breakup against tight end Mark Andrews and a respectable PFF coverage grade of 72.8. That’s a significant improvement seeing as he was the lowest-graded player at his position last season.

"But Abrams doesn't have instincts and he cant cover. It doesn't matter who the defensive coordinator is or what scheme hes in!"

Because remember players don't need to be coached up or developed or be in the right scheme to be good 

One play abrams made a last second defensive shift to stuff a running play he’s a smart kid just gotta get under control 

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

I think finding Maxx Crosby in the same draft as Ferrell softens the blow of the top 4 pick bust. 

Well I mean yeah for me it does.

In 2003 the Cardinals drafted a guy named Bryant Johnson as a receiver and he ended up not panning out but they also drafted a receiver named and Anquan Bolden a year and he went on to be a perennial pro bowler. I wonder who looked back at the Cardinals and said yeah but their GM was still stupid because they drafted Bryant Johnson in the first round.

Oh I just remembered, they didn't have social media or FS21 the nfl.com wasn't what it is today back then so they wouldn't of made a big deal about it or gave draft grades back then. Who knows he may have found it in the newspaper though

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Well I mean yeah for me it does.

In 2003 the Cardinals drafted a guy named Bryant Johnson as a receiver and he ended up not panning out but they also drafted a receiver named and Anquan Bolden a year and he went on to be a perennial pro bowler. I wonder who looked back at the Cardinals and said yeah but their GM was still stupid because they drafted Bryant Johnson in the first round.

Oh I just remembered, they didn't have social media or FS21 the nfl.com wasn't what it is today back then so they wouldn't of made a big deal about it or gave draft grades back then. Who knows he may have found it in the newspaper though

Meh higher expectations for mike he was considered a draft guru and we trusted him with our rebuild and even gave him multiple first rounders and him biggest accomplishment is a 4th rounder. Naw champ not enough return 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Maybe pump the breaks? It was a good sign, but Lamar Jackson isn't an elite passing QB. 

Let's see some consistency week to week. And let's see it against Mahomes, Herbert, Dak, etc.

18 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh higher expectations for mike he was considered a draft guru and we trusted him with our rebuild and even gave him multiple first rounders and him biggest accomplishment is a 4th rounder. Naw champ not enough return 

That discounts Josh Jacobs who has been a top 10 running back since he's been in the league

Hunter Renfrow and you saw the impact he made last night

Trevon Mullen who's been a pretty steady corner for us since he's been on the team

Bryan Edwards who is supposed to be the starter last year before he got hurt but when he's healthy you've seen the impact he can make

Jonathan Abram who it's too early to jump the gun there but looked like a completely different player last night 

I also another thing that needs to be taken into account is that these are a young players were talking about we're talking about players that have been in the league for two years tops. Ballistically players need to develop that's part of the process and they're always outliers but that's how it is for the most part

I also gave a pretty detailed analysis of the Niners as a parallel and you'll be interested in finding that they made way more mistakes than the raiders but they were forgotten about because one year they went to the Super Bowl so it automatically erases everything that they've done. I'm sure if we all looked at other teams draft over the years we would see the same thing it's just that winning erases all of that lol 

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Maybe pump the breaks? It was a good sign, but Lamar Jackson isn't an elite passing QB. 

Let's see some consistency week to week. And let's see it against Mahomes, Herbert, Dak, etc.

oh definitely I was just speaking to how you can say that a player automatically is a bust after playing the first season in the NFL with for a DC that never has had a track record of developing Young talent in a scheme that veterans had gone on record to say it made no sense. Then again if we can say a rookie linebacker with one week of practice is a bust after one half of his first preseason game, who should really be surprised.

I've been pretty vocal and saying that I don't think Lamar Jackson is that good of a passer. But Mark Andrews is hailed as a very good tight end and Lamar Jackson has been his quarterback his whole career so let's not pretend that all of a sudden Mark Andrews isn't that good just because Jonathan Abram(who we might've jumped the gun on as a premature bust actually clamped him). Again just being honest. 

And for the record he did actually play the first game against Patrick Mahomes well he just didn't play the second game well lol. His main issue is he streaky and inconsistent

And IMO Dak is not a very good quarterback either so if we beat them on Thanksgiving I won't be surprised by that at all. 

Certainly not trying to defend Ferrell, but I think he was inactive because we needed to activate Ragas. 

Conspiracy theories could be thrown out for if they want to trade him or not, but I'd guess he'll be active next week if they're not as worried about Jacobs.  I also think we really could have used him in the 2nd half after Yannick got hurt.