The Good, the Bad, the undefeated Raiders baby!!! Post-game chat week one.

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh honestly that game was carr in a nutshell. Plays like a scrub for half the game wakes up in the forth qt and if the score is close in the 4th then we have a chance if not it’s garbage time stats. That’s why I have him at 15th best qb cause sometimes he plays like the 30th and sometimes he plays like a top 3 qb. It’s 2016 all over again. Offense sputters defense keeps it close carr finishes. Let’s not forget how many chances the offense got from the defense. It was 10-17 in the middle of the 4th? Did he make some clutch throws hell yea. Does he deserve props hell yea but it’s not one of his greatest performances imo. 

This game reminded me of the ot kc game a few years back where we got a million goal line chances to win and we finally did.

Honestly this was essentially the bills game last year but the defense just played better so they didn't give up as much points lol

Edited by Jeremy408

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Like I think you mentioned that 10-17 score going into the 4th would be 10-31 without the defense. 

That was honestly the difference in the game. It was a difference between "wow! Carr really showed up" and "Dang Carr sucks!" actually had nothing to do with Carr doing anything differently than he would've done last year it's just the defense actually forced the other team to punt, turned ball over, and caused them to kick field goals and what would've been touchdowns last year. 

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

That was honestly the difference in the game. It was a difference between wow car really showed up and Dang car sucks actually had nothing to do with Carr doing anything differently than he would've done last year it's just the defense actually forced the other team to punt, turned ball over, and caused them to kick field goals and what would've been touchdowns last year. 

Its Crazy. As some said all off season, every QB needs their D to keep them in games from time to time. No QB is always perfect. 

Carr started off honestly the worst ive seen him in a long time. Once he started throwing to other players than waller it seemed to calm him down a little. 
Back to 2015- 2016, it seems we need to dial up some easy passes at start of games to get Carr in rhythm. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

That was honestly the difference in the game. It was a difference between "wow! Carr really showed up" and "Dang Carr sucks!" actually had nothing to do with Carr doing anything differently than he would've done last year it's just the defense actually forced the other team to punt, turned ball over, and caused them to kick field goals and what would've been touchdowns last year. 

Yea these slow starts on offense can’t continue we can’t rely on the defense to play that well (I’m not sold on the defense yet) we got lucky

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yea these slow starts on offense can’t continue we can’t rely on the defense to play that well (I’m not sold on the defense yet) we got lucky

100% like I said around this time last week I fully expected the Raiders to beat the ravens just due to the fact that Lamar Jackson is not a nuanced passer. 

I think this week is the bigger test because they're playing a more conventional offenses and I feel like the Steelers have better pass rushers than the ravens do(although their defensive backs aren't as good)

13 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

100% like I said around this time last week I fully expected the Raiders to beat the ravens just due to the fact that Lamar Jackson is not a nuanced passer. 

I think this week is the bigger test because they're playing a more conventional offenses and I feel like the Steelers have better pass rushers than the ravens do(although their defensive backs aren't as good)

Meh I think if Lamar was more of a passing qb he would have got killed and maxx would’ve had at least 4-5 sacks. All the pressure he was taking and escaped was magical. Even that back of the end zone td pass he threw he extended tf outa that play just to give his wr a chance. Lamar imo just got harassed and beat tf up. Never seen him taking hits like he did on Monday. That mid air horizontal fumble was a nasty hit he landed on his head. Defense was killer.

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh I think if Lamar was more of a passing qb he would have got killed and maxx would’ve had at least 4-5 sacks. All the pressure he was taking and escaped was magical. Even that back of the end zone td pass he threw he extended tf outa that play just to give his wr a chance. Lamar imo just got harassed and beat tf up. Never seen him taking hits like he did on Monday. That mid air horizontal fumble was a nasty hit he landed on his head. Defense was killer.

He also might've read the defenses better and got the ball out quicker as well instead of looking to run first which is what it looked like he was trying to do all night.

He also missed wide-open check down which would've converted on a third down in the red-zone, which(Big Ben won't do that).

15 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

He also might've read the defenses better and got the ball out quicker as well instead of looking to run first which is what it looked like he was trying to do all night.

He also missed wide-open check down which would've converted on a third down in the red-zone, which(Big Ben won't do that).

We’ll see we shall see

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Its Crazy. As some said all off season, every QB needs their D to keep them in games from time to time. No QB is always perfect. 

This in a nutshell. Every QB needs a helping hand, take Mahomes in the second game against us, the D keeps them in the game and he pulls it out the bag at the end. The first game they didn't and he wasn't able to make the difference. You don't need the D to be great all the time and realistically they can't be, but if they can step up every now and again games you would otherwise lose can be victories and if you have two or three of those you make the playoffs.

• Like 2