The Good, the Bad, the undefeated Raiders baby!!! Post-game chat week one.

RaidersAreOne

On 9/15/2021 at 10:30 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh I think if Lamar was more of a passing qb he would have got killed and maxx would’ve had at least 4-5 sacks. All the pressure he was taking and escaped was magical. Even that back of the end zone td pass he threw he extended tf outa that play just to give his wr a chance. Lamar imo just got harassed and beat tf up. Never seen him taking hits like he did on Monday. That mid air horizontal fumble was a nasty hit he landed on his head. Defense was killer.

That hit and the hi low hit on the FB.  Defense was playing with passion but still under control.  Wat impressed me the most was the FB getting up after the hit like it was not a big deal.  You would have needed to bring out the cart for a normal person.

On 9/15/2021 at 10:30 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh I think if Lamar was more of a passing qb he would have got killed and maxx would’ve had at least 4-5 sacks. All the pressure he was taking and escaped was magical. Even that back of the end zone td pass he threw he extended tf outa that play just to give his wr a chance. Lamar imo just got harassed and beat tf up. Never seen him taking hits like he did on Monday. That mid air horizontal fumble was a nasty hit he landed on his head. Defense was killer.

This is possible. Very interesting take. I think I'm going to actually monitor that this week

Edited by Jeremy408

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

That hit and the hi low hit on the FB.  Defense was playing with passion but still under control.  Wat impressed me the most was the FB getting up after the hit like it was not a big deal.  You would have needed to bring out the cart for a normal person.

Or the way waller got up from that kill shot by queen and I think queen felt it more lol 

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

I wonder how he’ll play without yanni 

that's the big question. My perception of Maxx Crosby coming into the season was that he is a very good complimentary pass rusher. It would be a great game for him to prove me wrong. Last week he had a game very reminiscent of an what a pass rusher.

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Gotta remember ricard ain’t your normal FB either. That boy goes 300+, that’s a serious load at FB!! Lol!

On 9/14/2021 at 2:48 PM, dante9876 said:

I thought him and gus did good jobs adjusting in the 2nd half which has been a problen for us in the past. My nitpick would probably be running outside runs with a rb that is clearly limping. That just didn't make sense. 

We use to fall apart in the 4th quarter. Not this time we did our best work...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, G said:

We use to fall apart in the 4th quarter. Not this time we did our best work...

This times 1000.
We are normally the team that lets a team drive into fg range with 30 seconds left and no time outs. 

Dont expect Gus to make us top 10, but if we can just be decent (17-22) I have faith in our O to put points up

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

This times 1000.
We are normally the team that lets a team drive into fg range with 30 seconds left and no time outs. 

Dont expect Gus to make us top 10, but if we can just be decent (17-22) I have faith in our O to put points up

If our defense is in the teens we will go to the playoffs

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jerry said:

If our defense creates turnovers, I think we make the playoffs.  That fumble recovery in OT was a dream come true.

I mean think about it after that fluke play where Willie Snead doesn't catch the ball and he gets picked off, how many times have we all rolled our eyes and knew at that point that the other team was going to win automatically? 

Now when was the last time the Defense one us a game with a turnover let alone in OT? 

I agree with you it was definitely a sight for sore eyes

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I mean think about it after that fluke play where Willie Snead doesn't catch the ball and he gets picked off, how many times have we all roll our eyes and knew at that point that the other team was going to win automatically? 

Now when was the last time the Defense one us a game with a turnover let alone in OT? 

I agree with you it was definitely a sight for sore eyes

I thought we we're either going to lose or some how luck out and end week one with a tie.  I still can't believe it was Nassib.  90% of this forum was banging the table for him to be cut.  The dude just earned his salary in week 1 alone.  

• Like 1