The Good, the Bad, the undefeated Raiders baby!!! Post-game chat week one.

RaidersAreOne

I have been one of the biggest skeptics on this team but man what a performance. 

The good

• Derek Carr, two words: Veteran Performance. The offense was sluggish to start the game, players weren't getting open, we couldn't run the ball. Carr was pretty conservative for the majority of the game but playing behind a very young OL with very young WR, he was composed. He didn't try to force anything, he didn't turn the ball over, and he didn't put the team in bad spots. When the game was on the line he made some big time throws, the pass to Edwards was amazing but the pass to Jones after he had just thrown the INT was big time. The best Carr performance since 2016. 

• Maxx Crosby is that dude, has a chance to be one of the best edge players in the league this year, amazing performance. 

• The defense as a whole did a great job especially against one of the most dynamic players in the league. 

• Darren "the baller' Waller, enough said. 

• Bryan Edwards, Henry Ruggs, and Hunter Renfrow all came through in clutch moments.

The bad:

• Andre James and the rest of our young offensive line will have to be better. 

• A lot of guys look banged up already. 

The Undefeated:

• Last years team would've folded under similar circumstances but this years group rallied and got the W. Just win baby. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

That’s facts! Myles Garrett is an all pro How come they didn’t matter last year week one

Myles Garrett had 1 tackle and 2 pressures last year week 1 against the Ravens. Lamar was only sacked twice and pressured 4 times in that game. I think you can make a strong case that having two healthy Pro Bowl OT in Orlando Brown and Ronnie Stanley as well as 3 healthy backs that knew the system played a part in it. Our pass rush was amazing tonight but the Ravens had Ronnie Stanley playing his first game since his injury and 32 year old Alejandro Villanueva who reportedly struggled all of training camp. Not having Gus Edwards, JK Dobbins, or Mark Ingram definitely made an impact. 

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

This offense can get levels better if gruden can involve ruggs, Edwards, and Jacobs can get healthy. 

Ruggs/Edwards didn't do much early but both came up clutch in big situations. I'm sure that will pay dividends later on cause they built trust with Carr tonight.

• Like 1

Not much to add to what others have said about our individual performances on the field.

One GOOD that I think deserves a mention is the atmosphere in the Allegiant tonight. The Raider Nation represented strongly in both color and noise, and you could see the players feed off that at times. I think many (myself included) worried about losing our homefield advantage by moving to a destination city, but tonight it was reassuring to see that we have a strong enough fanbase to make this work.

Of course, the Ravens aren't typically a team who show up in numbers all over the country, and there may end up being a 50/50 split when popular teams like the Steelers, Packers or Cowboys come to town, but if this team is winning games I can't see us being overrun in our own home as I originally feared might happen.

Great start to the season. Just like the Saints last year we showed up and beat a strong opponent against the odds. Let's build on it.

• Like 1

The Good

• The defense overall - With Crosby, Ngakoue, and Nassib standing out!
  • Cole and Carlson being amazing
  • The running backs picking up blocks
  • The o-line held up pretty well considering...
  • The offense recovered after the terrible start

The Bad

• The hold on Crosby on the early Jackson passing TD
  • Renfrow is too valuable to be on special teams!
  • The inexperience showed on the O-line

and The Ugly

• The amount of whinging in the gameday thread
  • The thread I created doubting Crosby
  • Cory Littleton in the run game always missing his assignment and looks like he actively avoids contact
  • The 1st quarter offense / forcing passes to Waller

+ The What I seem to have saw differently to most

• Outside the rogue snap.. I think Andre James played better than expected and I feel he was supposed to have more help from John Simpson...
  • John Abram looked good
  • Nassib didn't get nearly enough recognition outside of his sack fumble... he was pushing the pocket every rep

+ The I have no idea

•  How did Trevon Moehrig/the secondary do overall?
  • How individuals in the interior line played
  • Like 1