What is your criteria when ranking the greatest quarterbacks?

I'm curious to see what FF posters criteria is.

Longevity?

Peak/Prime?

Accolades?

Winning?

Eye-test?

For me I have a document outlining mine, but if I had to break it down into a percentage it's roughly:

30% Winning (but the QB needs to be a big factor in this)

25% Peak/Prime

20% Longevity

15% Accolades

5% Eye-test

5% Intangibles

Edited by LieutenantGains

Peak - how long was this player at the top of his game, and how long was he in a position where every team in the league (or just about) would've been improved with him behind center? This is most of it. 

Context - how hard would this person have been to replace? Also in some cases what did the player have around him - for instance, Elway dragging 3 teams full of JAGs to the Super Bowl in the 80s is more impressive than him cruising in a Cadillac with a bunch of HoFers to 2 SB wins in the 90s. This most of the rest. 

Stats/Wins - Stats have come a long way, but as always they can be deceptive (and wins are a stat) - you want to avoid empty calories or someone who's along for the ride on a good team. 

Meaningful Wins

INDIVIDUAL Defining Moments

Efficiency Stats 

Detrimental moments (Did this player hurt his team with erratic play in key games or moments)

Legacy (Will this player be remembered?   Will future players be compared to him?)

Peak and winning. Longevity doesn't really matter to me unless you're still great when old. Like Ben is going to have a bunch of great longevity stats, but unless he has another great post season I can't imagine him crawling much higher on my list

Something like -

70% Regular Season Stats -- (Mostly TD:INT Ratio, Yards, QBR, ANY/A + rushing stats, but a little of everything)
20% Playoff Stats -- (See Above)
  5% Context  -- (Type of Team Around Them, Coaching, Weapons, Injuries, etc)
  5% Team Success -- (Wins, SBs)

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Soggust said:

Something like -

70% Regular Season Stats -- (Mostly TD:INT Ratio, Yards, QBR, ANY/A + rushing stats, but a little of everything)
20% Playoff Stats -- (See Above)
  5% Context  -- (Type of Team Around Them, Coaching, Weapons, Injuries, etc)
  5% Team Success -- (Wins, SBs)

I like this one.  Takes into account that team success is specifically that, a team effort and the QB can only do so much if several areas are deficient.  An average QB could win multiple Super Bowls if the rest of the team is amazing, while a great QB could win 1 or even 0 if the rest of the team is bad.  Though if the QB is the reason they didn't win specific games, that's a different story.