Waiver Wire Thread

AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

It’s moss a real thing. 
on the wire in my league. 

I think the entire BUF backfield is low yield. Allen has already shown he’ll vulture short TD either through the air or ground. With Singletary there it’d take injury for Moss to have relevance…and even then the upside is capped. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think the entire BUF backfield is low yield. Allen has already shown he’ll vulture short TD either through the air or ground. With Singletary there it’d take injury for Moss to have relevance…and even then the upside is capped. 

So i do see that logic but i wonder if bills brass want to limit allens within the 5 rushing now that he has the big contract. Maybe they don’t care. But I’ll take a risk for a week to see how moss is used in a game (especially if week 1 scratch was due in part due to injury). I lost Gus and mostert so I’m diving deep looking for lighting (starting Gainwell as my RB2 ahead of Latavius and Tony Jones Jr)

Edited by CriminalMind

On 9/17/2021 at 10:06 AM, AkronsWitness said:

Why don't they just cut Sermon then if he's not good enough to beat out Mostert, Hasty, Wilson or this other random guy nobody has ever heard of. If he's RB5 on your roster why even hold onto him.

Mostert and Wilson I think are UFA after this year.   NFL teams don't just think in 1 year timelines with draft picks.  Very possible that Sermon was the pick for round 3 with an eye to 2022 and less for 2021

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 3:58 PM, RaidersAreOne said:
On 9/17/2021 at 3:54 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

So I picked up Christian Kirk on waivers but had to drop my K in the meantime to determine who to actually drop. Who would you drop out of these guys?

• Miles Sanders
  • Kareem Hunt
  • Courtland Sutton
  • Darnell Mooney
  • Tony Jones Jr.
  • Latavius Murray
  • Christian Kirk

My starters:

• Brady
  • Hopkins, Julio, Thielen, 
  • Jones, CEH, 
  • Logan Thomas
  • San Fran

not really an easy cut based on taht.  

I would look to move 2 for 1 and see if you can get an upgrade at WR3.  I like Hopkins, Theilen, but would look to upgrade Julio.  Might take moving Mooney and T Jones for someone.  Agholor, Cooks, landry type player.  

15 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

It’s moss a real thing. 
on the wire in my league. 

If you find out let me know. 

In one league I drafted:

1) Saquon Barkley <---- Constant underachieving, I regret this pick.

2) Antonio Gibson <---- Loved him, but average start at best.

3) Gus Edwards <----- IR

4) Rahim Mostert <----- IR

5) Zack Moss <----- Coaches DNP.

And here I thought I had DOMINANT runningbacks going into this year......how quickly 2 weeks turns things.

It is week 2 and I have Antonio Gibson and Kenneth Gainwell as my RB1/RB2 with a WR in my FLEX. I hate this game

Edited by AkronsWitness

30 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

If you find out let me know. 

In one league I drafted:

1) Saquon Barkley <---- Constant underachieving, I regret this pick.

2) Antonio Gibson <---- Loved him, but average start at best.

3) Gus Edwards <----- IR

4) Rahim Mostert <----- IR

5) Zack Moss <----- Coaches DNP.

And here I thought I had DOMINANT runningbacks going into this year......how quickly 2 weeks turns things.

It is week 2 and I have Antonio Gibson and Kenneth Gainwell as my RB1/RB2 with a WR in my FLEX. I hate this game

I feel that. 
i got a WR in my flex too after the two injuries, but what makes it worst in my league is its 3 WR + flex, so I’m starting 4 WRs in standard 12 team, and maybe two are reliable. 

On 9/18/2021 at 2:31 PM, squire12 said:

Mostert and Wilson I think are UFA after this year.   NFL teams don't just think in 1 year timelines with draft picks.  Very possible that Sermon was the pick for round 3 with an eye to 2022 and less for 2021

to add to this, imo sermon was drafted with trey lance in mind

Someone dropped Curtis Samuel in my league (we don't have IR spots), so I decided to take a chance on him. I definitely need a RB more but the best RB on the wire is Ty Johnson and I have 3 fringe guys already. My question then becomes, do I keep Samuel or do I scoop Rashod Bateman? Regardless, I'll need to drop someone when I have to stream a QB week 7.

QB Dak Prescott
RB Jonathan Taylor, D'Andre Swift, Sony Michel, Latavius Murray, Kenneth Gainwell
WR Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Michael Thomas, Michael Gallup, Curtis Samuel (yes I have no healthy bench WRs right now lol)
TE Rob Gronkowski, Dallas Goedert
DST New England Patriots
Daniel Carlson

It's a 12 team, 2 RB/3 WR, 0.5 PPR league btw.

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Debating on whether Hubbard is worth blowing waiver priority on

Scroll down the FA waiver list for RBs. Are there any RBs out there that you feel like could be really good if the lead back goes down? 

At least in my leagues, even all of the good handcuffs are rostered because I play in 12 team leagues. So a guy like Hubbard who has talent and the #1 position for 4-8 weeks is like hitting gold.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Someone dropped Curtis Samuel in my league (we don't have IR spots), so I decided to take a chance on him. I definitely need a RB more but the best RB on the wire is Ty Johnson and I have 3 fringe guys already. My question then becomes, do I keep Samuel or do I scoop Rashod Bateman? Regardless, I'll need to drop someone when I have to stream a QB week 7.

QB Dak Prescott
RB Jonathan Taylor, D'Andre Swift, Sony Michel, Latavius Murray, Kenneth Gainwell
WR Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Michael Thomas, Michael Gallup, Curtis Samuel (yes I have no healthy bench WRs right now lol)
TE Rob Gronkowski, Dallas Goedert
DST New England Patriots
Daniel Carlson

It's a 12 team, 2 RB/3 WR, 0.5 PPR league btw.

Bateman. Samuel will still be competing for touches with McLaurin and Gibson out of the backfield. Bateman has the chance to become WR1 fairly soon. He also has the better team/QB.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1