Waiver Wire Thread

AkronsWitness

14-team league, 0.5 PPR 

Preparing for future bye weeks and there are a few solid TE2 on waiver wire (I have Andrews).

Dalton Schultz (DAL)
Dawson Knox (BUF)
Tyler Conklin (MIN)

All three are top-10 in positional scoring by settings.  

Two questions:

1) How would you order / rank them for waiver preference?

2) Does it make sense to claim one OR should I wait until waivers process to preserve my spot in the order and take whoever is remaining?

I have New England as my starting def. I am thinking about picking up Cincinnati or Dallas for this week due to matchups. Unfortunately, the only player I can drop is Ty'son Williams. Then I thought, maybe I should just drop New England and roll with one of the other two for the rest of the year. Thoughts?

8 hours ago, WittWareTNew said:

I have New England as my starting def. I am thinking about picking up Cincinnati or Dallas for this week due to matchups. Unfortunately, the only player I can drop is Ty'son Williams. Then I thought, maybe I should just drop New England and roll with one of the other two for the rest of the year. Thoughts?

Im benching NE def and I scooped CIN Defense this week. I also have Ty'son Williams. I need a rebound performance but I don't expect it versus Denver.

On 9/27/2021 at 9:44 AM, mattyice0401 said:

What % of FAAB are yall using/ thinking of using on Chuba Hubbard this week?

I won him in my 1/2pt PPR league with a $26 bid from a $200 FAAB budget (I've spent marginally, but mostly just $1-3/week so far).  I'm not counting on him being a weekly contributor, barring CMac suffering a setback, for more than 3 weeks, but I have the ? surrounding Darrell Henderson right now, plus we'll see how long/if Lil Shanny takes to actually trust Trey Sermon who has been thrust into action quicker than I was counting on him for because I also had Mostert.  So it was worth it to me to burn 1/8th of FAAB for the guaranteed starts to bide some time to find out if I need to flip a WR for a more dependably-consistent RB (I have Davante, Ceedee, and Lockett as regular starters with Corey Davis and Christian Kirk backing them up, so at worst I could package offer Lockett and someone like Latavius Murray to the WR-strapped owner who has Ekeler, Chubb, and Montgomery during the bye week of one of those 3 (week 7 during Ekeler's bye week would be my ideal scenario; yes, Lamb is on a bye that week as well, but the Rams go up against the Lions that week so DH should be in a prime matchup and I'll, hopefully, have Michael Thomas returning from the IR).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WittWareTNew said:

I'm in a similar boat with having NE's defense (that said, I'd like to avoid outright dropping them if I can avoid it), but because of necessity in needing to wait to make sure Dalvin is practicing this week and/or Antonio Brown passes his damn COVID tests, I was beaten to the punch on picking up Tennessee as a one-week-fill for them.  I may roll with Green Bay against Pittsburgh because Ben's been miserable (his OL still sucks and GB's pass-rush has started picking up) and if both Juju and Diontae miss time, Green Bay at home is a tasty opportunity for a defensive splash-play-heavy game if Rodgers can cook on the other side of the ball.  If push comes to shove though, I'm moderately comfortable (not ideal, but it is what it is) taking Belichick (because you know he's had this game circled on the calendar since the schedule came out) against Brady (particularly when the Bucs really don't have much of a run-game to worry about.  Pats always gameplan to take away the #1 option for an offense, so that's bare minimum either Gronk or Evans (maybe Godwin the way things have been trending lately, since it seems like Evans is dealing with a rib injury) wiped out.

I also considered Dallas, like you, because their defense does actually look much improved this season, but there still look like they've got a nasty habit of giving up garbage-time points versus going in the for kill.  Their midseason schedule isn't great either (not horrible, but Denver is at least looking competitive, and they've got the Raiders on Thanksgiving on 4 days rest after playing the Chiefs in Arrowhead).  Call me crazy, but Indy's defense could be a good spot start this week.  Yes, they give up points (clearly, they're 0-3), but they get the counting stats well enough, they generate turnovers, and have a better-than-average knack for the actual defense turning those turnovers into scoring opportunities.  Add in the staff and personnel's familiarity with Jacoby Brissett and that the weather forecast for Miami this weekend is thunderstorms with a 45% chance of precipitation and there's a solid likelihood of at least a Top 12 D/ST performance this week.

10 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I start NE DEF too, but I may sub them. I got Chark on my bench, so that's an easy one.

Defenses available - Arizona, LAR, Chicago, Minnesota, Indie, Phillie, LAC, Miami....

Which one?!

I have Indy, Miami, Rams, Chicago, Arizona, the Chargers, and Minnesota, in that order, all ranked ahead of the Pats this week.  Kind of want to hold onto the Pats D/ST if you can manage to stash them on the your bench though, they'd got Houston next week, host Dallas the week after, and then get the Jets again the week after that.  If your bench can accommodate it, rotating the Pats and Colts defenses is pretty rock solid, with this week for Indy (playing Miami in a potential thunderstorm) is the worst matchup you'll have for the Colts D when you need them because the Pats don't have a great matchup.  You could effectively have the starting D/ST for the next several weeks of: IND vs MIA, NE @ HOU, IND vs HOU, NE vs NYJ, IND vs TEN, IND vs NYJ.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

I have Indy, Miami, Rams, Chicago, Arizona, the Chargers, and Minnesota, in that order, all ranked ahead of the Pats this week.  Kind of want to hold onto the Pats D/ST if you can manage to stash them on the your bench though, they'd got Houston next week, host Dallas the week after, and then get the Jets again the week after that.  If your bench can accommodate it, rotating the Pats and Colts defenses is pretty rock solid, with this week for Indy (playing Miami in a potential thunderstorm) is the worst matchup you'll have for the Colts D when you need them because the Pats don't have a great matchup.  You could effectively have the starting D/ST for the next several weeks of: IND vs MIA, NE @ HOU, IND vs HOU, NE vs NYJ, IND vs TEN, IND vs NYJ.

thank you. I've swapped Chark for Indie, so can run both Ds :) 

I have a tough call in a 0.5PPR league. I have Claypool starting who is very questionable and the only other WRs on roster are AJ Brown (out), Shenault (already played), and Michael Thomas (IR). 

The only guys I can cut to pick a WR up are Eli Mitchell, C Edmonds, M Gaskins, T Lance, AJ Dillon, and JK Dobbins (IR). I’m able to keep 5 players into next year, so Im hesitant to drop Lance ($3), Dillon ($2), and Dobbins ($1).

Should I just take the zero if Claypool is out? The best available WRs are Reagor and Watkins 

16 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

who had more potential ROS

Kadruis Toney or Bryan Edwards- thinking of taking a flier on a WR with potential for my last roster spot. Edwards is a part of a better offense, has been producing when he gets targets. Toney might get the targets with all the injuries to the Giants wideouts

Rashod Bateman or Curtis Samuel out there?