Waiver Wire Thread

AkronsWitness

On 10/19/2021 at 3:51 PM, VikeManDan said:

Dak on BYE, need to stream a QB this week. A few options on the WW. Listed by ESPN projection this week.

1. Matt Ryan - coming off of BYE.
2. Ryan Tannehill - matchup with KC, I also have Henry.
3. Joe Burrow - has one of the "tougher" matchups for available streamers.
4. Tua Tagovailoa - matchup looks nice.
5. Jameis Winston - coming off BYE and matchup looks nice.

Does anyone make more sense than the others if Dak has to miss any time?

Lost out on Ryan, I only bid $1 and someone nabbed him for $2.

I'm really leaning Jameis, not sure how I feel about Tua since they played in London last week. I expect them to look pretty lethargic, am I overthinking that? How do they not have a BYE after a London game?

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Brandon Aiyuk? He was dropped in one of my leagues and was a former 5th round pick. Can he bounce back after the bye? Would you drop Shenualt for him?

I dropped shenault this week and am holding Aiyuk. 

Shenault is not a good WR. I wanted him to be a thing, but he really is a slot receiver who doesnt run great routes. He will be the third or 4th option in the passing game and needs manufactured touches 

Aiyuk has much higher upside imo. He may be droppable in 4-5 weeks but right now he is a hold or a solid waiver pick up

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, N4L said:

I dropped shenault this week and am holding Aiyuk. 

Shenault is not a good WR. I wanted him to be a thing, but he really is a slot receiver who doesnt run great routes. He will be the third or 4th option in the passing game and needs manufactured touches 

Aiyuk has much higher upside imo. He may be droppable in 4-5 weeks but right now he is a hold or a solid waiver pick up

thanks, I was thinking something similar. I wanted Shenault to be a thing as well. Why has Aiyuk been in the doghouse? I believe you are are 49er fan. Is Elijah Moore similar upside as Aiyuk? I think Jets will force feed him after the bye 

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

thanks, I was thinking something similar. I wanted Shenault to be a thing as well. Why has Aiyuk been in the doghouse? I believe you are are 49er fan. Is Elijah Moore similar upside as Aiyuk? I think Jets will force feed him after the bye 

I loved Elijah moore coming out of college but I havent seen enough jets games to comment on that 

No one really knows whats going on with Aiyuk. I do think that eventually the team will get it sorted out. I will believe they trust him when he gets some manufactured touches. If you see him get some bubble screens and some jet sweeps, then he should be playable from that point on. Hes a high ceiling stash for the time being. It depends on your roster but hes worth holding onto 

I also like Rashaad bateman for a similar stash. 

6 hours ago, N4L said:

Bought low on Ayiuk on the waiver wire before last week's games. I could see this being the Aiyuk coming out party and him being one of the hottest adds in fantasy next week. The Colts have given up the 4th most points to WR's in fantasy through the first 6 weeks of the season. While the 49ers are coming off of the bye, Jimmy G should be back, and Lynch/Kyle have both publicly discussed the need to get Ayiuk going. At 2-3 a loss this week would be damning for the 49ers playoff hopes and with Kittle on IR it just seems like the perfect week for Aiyuk to get more involved in a must win game.

One player I don't like that everyone else seems to love is D'Ernest Johnson. As a streaming option during the byes this week he's probably fine but as a long-term option I don't think he really gets enough usage to be a factor. Chubb should be back next week as they likely would've placed him on IR if they thought it was a serious issue so they could use the roster spot and will be the Browns every down back. With the uncertainty surrounding Baker's health going forward I also don't really love the Browns offense's potential to score a ton of points/gain a ton of yardage the rest of the season.

On 10/20/2021 at 11:39 PM, NYRaider said:

One player I don't like that everyone else seems to love is D'Ernest Johnson. As a streaming option during the byes this week he's probably fine but as a long-term option I don't think he really gets enough usage to be a factor. Chubb should be back next week as they likely would've placed him on IR if they thought it was a serious issue so they could use the roster spot and will be the Browns every down back. With the uncertainty surrounding Baker's health going forward I also don't really love the Browns offense's potential to score a ton of points/gain a ton of yardage the rest of the season.

that didn't age well

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

that didn't age well

I said I like him as a streaming option this week but not long term because Chubb will be back next week... The Browns scored 17 points this week against a declining Broncos team. They play 3 of the best run defenses in the league with Chubb back over the next 3 weeks.

Edited by NYRaider

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I said I like him as a streaming option this week but not long term because Chubb will be back next week... The Browns scored 17 points this week against a declining Broncos team. They play 3 of the best run defenses in the league with Chubb back over the next 3 weeks.

yeah, I think Chubb takes over most of the touches and is back very soon. Johnson was just good for that start. He did look alot better than I expected. 

28 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

yeah, I think Chubb takes over most of the touches and is back very soon. Johnson was just good for that start. He did look alot better than I expected. 

They didn't place him on IR and their coach said he expects him back next week.