Everything Trevor Lawrence (Our Safe Haven)

.Buzz

On 9/16/2021 at 8:22 AM, KhanYouDigIt said:

I love the all-22 looks from his throws. He makes throws we/I haven’t seen from a QB in a Jags uniform. The INT’s he threw honestly didn’t even bother me. Even after the picks, he was still being aggressive. I love that.

I don’t know why but NextGen still hasn’t done his passing chart but I felt like he was constantly pushing the ball down the field. He will be such a stud.

His arm talent really is something else.  It's not necessarily the Mahomes/Allen type "flashy" big arm stuff that jumps out that way.  But after watching the Jaguars for so long, just the sheer ease with which he zips the ball downfield, and how quickly it comes out...is just a real thing to behold.  It kinda blows me away, just how casual he makes some of those throws look.  It inspires a sort of confidence that i haven't ever really had in a Jaguars QB.

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

Yeah they should idk — not make a rookie QB with a suboptimal receiving corps throw the ball downfield both more and at a higher rate than any other player in the league. Seems not the brightest idea.

I do think Lawrence has a small hand in it. As mentioned in other threads, seems like he’s feeling out what he can and can’t get away with, and I think he just has some natural gunslinger in his game.

But when your OC isn’t running the ball and not using the middle of the field, on top of that statistic, there’s some clear issues in the position you’re putting him in.

Just now, .Buzz said:

I do think Lawrence has a small hand in it. As mentioned in other threads, seems like he’s feeling out what he can and can’t get away with, and I think he just has some natural gunslinger in his game.

But when your OC isn’t running the ball and not using the middle of the field…

Oh he’s certainly part of it. He’s a big arm QB with out of this world talent and all the confidence in his ability in the world. Regardless of playcaling, he’s never going to be where someone where Mac Jones is starting his career.

But the play calling is easily responsible for at least the 4.18% lead he has over the next highest QB. And probably a more balanced play calling would have him somewhere in that Russ to Josh Allen range even as he’s dialing it up himself to figure out where he can and can’t make throws at this level.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

Our biggest concern with our receivers prior to the season was having too many promising ones lmao 

There was a lot of depth in the room. The concern has always been much more about the high end of the group, though. There’s a legitimate concern that Chark and Laviska are no better than #3 or #4 type receivers, and with Jones’ age, he might be devolving into more of a middle of the road #2 or worse. Plus the whole having no receiving targets at TE thing, and then losing ETN as the safety valve/home run threat.

For me, this season for the receivers was always a “let’s see what they do with a new offense and a promising QB” year, where a retool would be necessary based on their performance afterwards. And so far, it appears that they’re all playing in at least a slot above where they should be on the depth chart. 

• Like 1