Everything Trevor Lawrence (Our Safe Haven)

.Buzz

3 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

I told people before this year even started that DJ is not who everyone thought that he was.. he had a great HS career but it was clear that he had up and down play especially his Junior year in HS. I said Clemson may lose 3 games this year because of the play of DJ and he may lose more.

Did you watch the video?

12 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Did you watch the video?

Yeah he’s saying Trevor regressed as well as DJ I just don’t think DJ was as good as his ranking to begin with. I don’t think you can totally hang the mechanics on both players on the coaching staff.. and I’m a Nole fan he’s insinuating that Clemson is ruining QBs.. it’s just DJ was never that guy to begin with even tho his player ranking said otherwise.

23 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Yeah he’s saying Trevor regressed as well as DJ I just don’t think DJ was as good as his ranking to begin with. I don’t think you can totally hang the mechanics on both players on the coaching staff.. and I’m a Nole fan he’s insinuating that Clemson is ruining QBs.. it’s just DJ was never that guy to begin with even tho his player ranking said otherwise.

I disagree, I loved DJ and there’s clearly some issues at Clemson as far as QB development/what they’re coaching there.

Regardless, post wasn’t about DJ and moreso about the fact that Lawrence, despite those issues and problems, still flourished and we’re seeing our organization provide good development for a young QB which we haven’t seen. Lawrence probably figures it out regardless because he’s that good but still great to see.

4 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I've watched all of the rookie QBs for significant chunks this year, and I'm still 100% confident that Lawrence is the best. 

Don’t see how anyone can think it’s particularly close tbh. Mac is playing super safe and largely been fine but there’s a clear ceiling there that isn’t as high.

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Don’t see how anyone can think it’s particularly close tbh. Mac is playing super safe and largely been fine but there’s a clear ceiling there that isn’t as high.

I've seen lots of Mac Jones. He is a very solid QB, but he has never made a play that wowed me. He never once gave me the impression that he was a special QB. That's fine...he can still be a very solid starting QB. I think that as of right now he sort of looks like an Andy Dalton type QB, who was a multiyear starter. Maybe a little more upside. Lawrence is just so rare...you don't see his size/speed/arm strength and intelligence. He definitely has been processing info better as of yet, and there's not doubt he'll continue to get better. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah.  Mac is doing a good job of playing within himself, and within a system that's working for him and playing to his strengths.  But isn't he averaging like, half an air yard per attempt or something?  It's fine, it's being executed well, and it's working for him...but it leaves you with the impression that, game on the line having to make those tough drives with big plays to make something happen...that's going to be more of a challenge.  Forcing him outside of that comfort zone.

Whereas with Lawrence, he just inspires a different sort of confidence, when it comes to making those big plays (or at least trying to).  Those kind of plays are not outside of his comfort zone.  It's just a matter of getting things dialed in a little more tightly at times, and the receivers holding up their end of the bargain better.  But Lawrence exudes that "big play potential" that just isn't there with Mac Jones, and realistically probably never will be.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...