Week 2 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This man legitimately has two or three highlight reel plays as a LT on a weekly basis lol. He's a menace at the second level. 

He is one of the few players where whatever situation you put him is he will stand out. He is a perfect fit for our scheme but if he was in more of a power scheme he would be great as well i am sure. 

48 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

He is one of the few players where whatever situation you put him is he will stand out. He is a perfect fit for our scheme but if he was in more of a power scheme he would be great as well i am sure. 

Williams is an all timer, definitely one of the best tackles of all time. He's just a cyborg of an athlete for a man that sized and he can certainly be successful in any scheme.

6 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

What ya guys think your RB rotation is gonna look like? This Mitchell kid the real deal?

If Lance gets more snaps then he did last week, then I'm guessing Sermon will get a few carries. But expect a heavy dose of Mitchell with Hasty/Sermon sprinkled in.

Mitchell looked good on Sunday but not sure how much of a real deal he is just yet. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Tbh it's going to be hot hand.

Very much this. Shanny has shown us over the years that he will ride the hot hand. In 2019, Coleman and Breida were our top backs until Wilson started balling out later in the season, then Mostert came on strong at the end of the year and carried us through the post season.

In 2020, it was the McKinnon and Coleman show, then it went to Wilson, then whoever was healthy.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

What ya guys think your RB rotation is gonna look like? This Mitchell kid the real deal?

I'm pretty sure you could pick some random guy off the street and Shanny will find a way to get 80+ yards out of him.  Mostert seems to just be a perfect fit and flourishes.  

As for Mitchell, I don't think he's as quick as Mostert, but he's just as good at spotting the lanes.  Seemed to be good at breaking tackles, too.  Too early to say if he's the real deal, but he did impress in game 1.  

• Like 1

We claimed cannon from BAL

I suspect he will be our KR. We had Ambry thomas doing that after mitchell became RB1.

Mitchell will be RB1 for a while. He is a better scheme fit than Hasty and Sermon. I think Sermon will be inactive this week again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

I suspect he will be our KR. We had Ambry thomas doing that after mitchell became RB1.

Mitchell will be RB1 for a while. He is a better scheme fit than Hasty and Sermon. I think Sermon will be inactive this week again. 

I don't know, Jimmy wasn't all that impressed with Hasty's pass blocking so they may go with Sermon instead. But Sermon may just need to wait until Lance gets more snaps. 

57 minutes ago, N4L said:

This would shock me. Really don't know why he didn't get the nod over Hasty in week 1; the only way I can figure it is that Hasty has special teams value and Sermon does not. 

• Like 1

How Lance is key to 49ers' preparation to face Hurts, Eagles

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/why-trey-lance-will-be-key-49ers-preparation-eagles

The rookie signal-caller offers a skill set that was previously lacking on the club’s roster. On Sunday, the 49ers will face Philadelphia Eagles’ Jalen Hurts. The shifty quarterback carried the ball seven times for 62 yards in Week 1 and is the first mobile quarterback the defense will face this season (excluding the preseason).

Fred Warner and the 49ers' defense have faced off against Lance's mobility since the start of OTAs and it has helped them prepare for their Week 2 opponent.