Week 2 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

What a nonsense first half. If I’m the Eagles, I’m livid.

What luck it would be to have this quiet the crowd down, though. A big defensive stand to open the 2nd half could create a chance for the offense to get into rhythm without much crowd interference. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Run defense has been MUCH better but man our corners are going to be a problem, no other way around it. Really need to call Sherman tomorrow and get something signed. 

Warner/Tartt/Ward have been awesome. Hoping our pass rush gets going now. 

ESP with the rumor that Tampa is trying to talk to him as well

5 minutes ago, Geek said:

How many snaps has Aiyuk had. I don't think I've seen him outside like 1 play.

He's had some snaps but again nothing called for him to get easy touches. 

I think the game plan offensively is clear in the second half. Use screens and quick hitters as the extension of the run game and then once they make the Philly defense hesitant to penetrate the way they are, then go back to the run game. 

Middle of the field has been wide open all game though and that's usually Jimmy's area but he's been off. Maybe the last drive will get him in rhythm and he will start playing better. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

The fact that we're about to go into the half with a lead is....extremely funny to me. Like...out loud laughter.

When the eagles were lining up for the second FG I was thinking back to all the times at candlestick in the 2000s the niners would dominate Q1 and be up 6-0 just to see the other team immediately score to go up 7-6 

Feels good for the shoe to be on the other foot 

• Like 1