Week 2 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, gridirongorilla said:

I've always thought he'd wind up the next Norv Turner. I hope I'm proven wrong

I could 100% see it. And he could also become Andy Reid. I don't want to take that away from him. But when people treat him like a brilliant head coach I will admit to being a little confused. 

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

I could 100% see it. And he could also become Andy Reid. I don't want to take that away from him. But when people treat him like a brilliant head coach I will admit to being a little confused. 

He's a brilliant offensive mind and playcaller. He is a good head coach. I won't give more than that. He set up a great culture, he's a great leader, and he completely turned around this franchise. But he's still got a lot of growing into the head coach role. But...that seems like it's true of most coaches. Few seem to be perfect from the start. And I'm still very happy with Shanahan. 

• Like 4

One thing I like about Ryans today is that he tailored the gameplan for what the Eagles did last week. They dinked and dunked their way to a 4 ADoT and were really efficient running and passing. So we’re bringing five on run and pass blitzes and playing tight man coverage and daring them to throw deep while eliminating the easy windows in the quick game. It’s risky - we’ve been really stressed outside down the field as the Eagles have attacked our corners in man coverage. But it’s been way better than letting Hurts do what he’s really comfortable with.

Edited by JIllg
  • Like 1

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

He's a brilliant offensive mind and playcaller. He is a good head coach. I won't give more than that. He set up a great culture, he's a great leader, and he completely turned around this franchise. But he's still got a lot of growing into the head coach role. But...that seems like it's true of most coaches. Few seem to be perfect from the start. And I'm still very happy with Shanahan. 

Yeah. I am perfectly happy with where we are at. I don't want him gone or anything like that. As you said...he's just a flawed coach. 

• Like 2