Week 2 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't believe that is the case starting with the 2018 class. The options became fully guaranteed and not just injury guaranteed until the start of the year. I would assume that negates the ability to rescind the option

Can you not rescind the 5th year option at season's end? Since when did this change? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Can you not rescind the 5th year option at season's end? Since when did this change? 

The 2020 cba. Starting with the 2018 draft class, the fifth year option amounts were calculated in a different method and became fully guaranteed at the time they were exercised. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

The 2020 cba. Starting with the 2018 draft class, the fifth year option amounts were calculated in a different method and became fully guaranteed at the time they were exercised. 

Correct and to add to this, they were previously only guaranteed for injury. Now, they are fully guaranteed once exercised 

It was part of the reason I was less than happy when McGlinchy had his option exercised, but he's been soooo much better in pass pro that he's making me look bad for calling him McStinky 

Wirfs would have been playing RG for us. You don't take RGs 13th overall 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

My thing is he's due a little over 10 million next year. Even for only one year, is he really worth that?? I mean 10 million for a OT isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. But I'd like that money to go elsewhere if I'm being honest. I just don't think McG is good. He's good in the run game but I think he's a horrid pass-protector. Maybe he has a bounce back year and this becomes a moot point. But I've seen little to no improvement from him the past two years.

I want to agree with you, but I am giving him the benefit of the doubt considering how good he has been the last two games in pass protection.

He lost a ton of weight between 2019 and 2020, so much so that I was wondering if he stopped taking "supplements" or if he potentially had covid. Covid is known to cause severe weight and muscle loss depending on how bad you get it. 

He added a bunch of weight this offseason and looks like he has finally put it all together. We will see how he finishes out the season, but right now I am pretty comfortable with him at RT for the foreseeable future if he just maintains his current play (which is the best of his career lol) 

33 minutes ago, N4L said:

It was part of the reason I was less than happy when McGlinchy had his option exercised, but he's been soooo much better in pass pro that he's making me look bad for calling him McStinky 

Maybe McSmellsATadBitBetter?

According to PFF, McGlinchey has 2 pressures and 0 sacks on 62 pass blocking snaps, which is only good for a 62 grade for some reason. As much as PFF hates McGlinchey's pass blocking, they hate his run blocking even more (59.9). I would strongly disagree with PFF here.

I've re-watched both games and tried to focus in on the OL a little more than normal since they've been so good and McG actually looks pretty good in pass pro and run blocking. I don't see a 62-grade player, I see someone who is better than that. 

He does give up ground in pass pro, but he's not getting ran by like he was last year. He anchors better seems to do a better job with his hands. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, N4L said:

I want to agree with you, but I am giving him the benefit of the doubt considering how good he has been the last two games in pass protection.

He lost a ton of weight between 2019 and 2020, so much so that I was wondering if he stopped taking "supplements" or if he potentially had covid. Covid is known to cause severe weight and muscle loss depending on how bad you get it. 

He added a bunch of weight this offseason and looks like he has finally put it all together. We will see how he finishes out the season, but right now I am pretty comfortable with him at RT for the foreseeable future if he just maintains his current play (which is the best of his career lol) 

He has looked good....so far. I'm still leary about if he can sustain his play through the whole season. But yea, so far so good.

The added weight had definitely help him anchor better. But his feet are still an issue for me in pass-pro. And he hasn't really faced any legit edge talent to say he's turned the corner. Sweat isn't there yet imo. Guess we'll see how it shakes out as the season progresses.

13 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

A little more context to this:

• #1 of all rookie corners with total coverage snaps (101). #2 is at 85.
  • #2 most targeted rookie corner, but has the lowest REC% of all rookie corners (35.7)
  • Among all corners in the NFL, he is #2 in REC% while having the 5th most targets.
  • Outside of the ridiculous 91 yard catch he gave up, he's given up 23 yards on 4 catches.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, adamq said:

I dont think McG is nearly as bad as some people make him out to be.. a solid OT is not easy to come by, I'd be fine with an extention so long as they don't make him a top 5ish RT

He's historically been awful in pass pro. That's a real thing. Last year though it was his worst in that regard.   

But he's also been absolutely elite in the run game

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N4L said:

Wirfs would have been playing RG for us. You don't take RGs 13th overall 

He could have played left guard just as easily. I don't think Tomlinson it's an untouchable there or anything. 

Either way though, I still have no problems taking him at 13. I said as much during the are you smarter game after we traded for Trent. Just never changed my mind in the least