GDT Week 2 - vs San Francisco 49ers

Jroc04

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Thank you sir!! 49ers in a blowout!!!

Kidding, I think this is going to be a very competitive game until a late score by the 49ers ices it. But the Eagles DL was a huge problem for this OL last season and I expect them to have success again. I don't see the Niners run game having their way like they did vs Detroit. The one weakness defensively I see is the Eagles LBs and I see Shanny trying to get Kittle some favorable match ups and try to attack the middle of the field...Though with Jimmy, he's only primarily throwing between the numbers anyways lol.

I don't know if Ryans has the same game plan, but vs Detroit they played a bunch of soft zone and I don't think he can have the same game plan this week. Will need to blitz more to get Hurts off his spots and play tighter on the TEs. 

I think the score will be close and then a Niners late TD or FG clinches the game. Something like 30-20. 

Good luck!

Mailata vs Bosa will be a huge test for our young cornerstone.

I think we lose, but keep it close.

SF 27 PHI 23

Our DL will likely struggle to get much done vs a very good SF OL. Probably going to need to do a little more blitzing than last week to get some pressure/sacks. Hurts should certainly be under duress more consistently, so he'll probably run for 80+ yards, but probably not throw for a whole lot. Guessing Miles doesn't force as many missed tackles this week either. Could be ugly for the O, but I think they do enough to at least look competitive.

Edited by Jeezla

28 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Mailata vs Bosa will be a huge test for our young cornerstone.

I think we lose, but keep it close.

SF 27 PHI 23

Our DL will likely struggle to get much done vs a very good SF OL. Probably going to need to do a little more blitzing  than last week to get some pressure/sacks. And Hurts should certainly be under duress more consistently, so he'll probably run for 80+ yards, but probably not throw for a whole lot.

Hargrave and Cox vs. Brunskill will be one to watch. Brunskill is OK in pass protection, but he always has a few reps where he gets completely thrown around, then come back and stonewall a rusher. 

If the right side of our line holds up against the rush, it should be a good day for the Niners' passing game.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thank you sir!! 49ers in a blowout!!!

Kidding, I think this is going to be a very competitive game until a late score by the 49ers ices it. But the Eagles DL was a huge problem for this OL last season and I expect them to have success again. I don't see the Niners run game having their way like they did vs Detroit. The one weakness defensively I see is the Eagles LBs and I see Shanny trying to get Kittle some favorable match ups and try to attack the middle of the field...Though with Jimmy, he's only primarily throwing between the numbers anyways lol.

I don't know if Ryans has the same game plan, but vs Detroit they played a bunch of soft zone and I don't think he can have the same game plan this week. Will need to blitz more to get Hurts off his spots and play tighter on the TEs. 

I think the score will be close and then a Niners late TD or FG clinches the game. Something like 30-20. 

Good luck!

Ain’t no way we have LBs on Kittle. He’ll draw safeties or corners. Either way, he’s gonna have a day. I like our D against your O tho outside of that. I think we match up well. Defense almost exclusively rushed 4. Not sure that continues. D will keep us in the game. The O is still very suspect. Not sure how they’ll play against a good D. This is only the 2nd game we’re witnessing. We haven’t seen tendencies or even base for what we do. They liked to quick pass a lot, let Hurts read a bit, two TEs, and run later in the game. We’ll see if that stuff continues. 

If we can stop the run and force Jimmy G to throw the ball a lot we have a shot. Our offense needs to keep it up, and lean on the run at times to keep SF's D on their heels. Our playmakers should get space, it is on Hurts to get them the ball.

I think SF wins this one, but I hope it is competitive.

Just checked the lines. Vegas has a 50.5 over under. Which makes me think the Eagles (+3.5) have some success scoring the ball which I thought would be a problem. The gambler in me would take the home points and run. The fan in me is worried. The homer in me says 2-0 by the score of 24-20. 

25 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Ain’t no way we have LBs on Kittle. He’ll draw safeties or corners. Either way, he’s gonna have a day. I like our D against your O tho outside of that. I think we match up well. Defense almost exclusively rushed 4. Not sure that continues. D will keep us in the game. The O is still very suspect. Not sure how they’ll play against a good D. This is only the 2nd game we’re witnessing. We haven’t seen tendencies or even base for what we do. They liked to quick pass a lot, let Hurts read a bit, two TEs, and run later in the game. We’ll see if that stuff continues. 

Shanny will find ways to get the backers on Kittle unless you guys play primarily man coverage and have someone like Harris check him. But I don't see that happening. 

Yeah, I think the Eagles defense will largely be fine against the Niners offense. I don't see them stopping the Niners offense, but they won't let them go off either. 

The Niners allowed those quick short passes to Goff all game long as well. He had less than a 6 YPA, but the run defense gave up quite a few big runs right up the middle. If the Niners can win the early downs unlike against Detroit in the early going, then it's going to be hard on Hurts. But Verrett is out for the season and we don't even know who the starters will be, so who knows? Maybe Smith goes off for all we know.