GDT Week 2 - vs San Francisco 49ers

Jroc04

Perfect that we are getting a preseason darling at home after wiping the floor with a 2020 and preseason bottom feeder. We’ll have a lot clearer picture of how good this team and where expectations should be at.

ATL mediocre run game gashed us early, but we adjusted and shut them down. I think that 1st quarter was the fluke, we have the DL personnel that defending run should not be a weak point. Of course 49ers probably boast a very strong run game so I think that’ll be a “draw” more or less. ~120 yards on ~4 YPC. Real question will be if we can stop the run game. Key is pressure, because like most of the league we don’t have guys to stop Kittle. I think we’ll struggle w/ them getting their weapons in space and YACing us up. On offense I have no idea what to expect, but if Hurts plays as smart as he did last week (despite surely more pressure) we should be able to hang 20+.

Prediction:

49ers 27

Eagles 20

11 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Perfect that we are getting a preseason darling at home after wiping the floor with a 2020 and preseason bottom feeder. We’ll have a lot clearer picture of how good this team and where expectations should be at.

ATL mediocre run game gashed us early, but we adjusted and shut them down. I think that 1st quarter was the fluke, we have the DL personnel that defending run should not be a weak point. Of course 49ers probably boast a very strong run game so I think that’ll be a “draw” more or less. ~120 yards on ~4 YPC. Real question will be if we can stop the run game. Key is pressure, because like most of the league we don’t have guys to stop Kittle. I think we’ll struggle w/ them getting their weapons in space and YACing us up. On offense I have no idea what to expect, but if Hurts plays as smart as he did last week (despite surely more pressure) we should be able to hang 20+.

Prediction:

49ers 27

Eagles 20

Wrong this is the greatest team ever and will never lose again 

Eagles 402

SF -12 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

The Falcons aren't very good but the Eagles did what they were supposed too, they blew them out. SF got off to a hot start vs the Lions but let them back into the game late. 

On 9/15/2021 at 10:26 AM, EaglesPeteC said:

Lots of mistakes were made in this organization from top to bottom the last couple years, but cleaning house of both Doug and Carson was absolutely in every way the right call. The vibe and energy of this team is completely different

Siriani is the GOAT for running pro style with Flacco in the preseason, offense looked completely different week 1.

Don’t know if this is exactly news but McLeod is out Sunday. Not sure if anyone expected him to play. I thought it’d be a good month before he was close to ready. 

Speaking of D, could this be a sneaky good D this year? I can see it breaking that top 10 if the DL holds up.