Week 2: Buffalo Bills (0-1) @ Miami Dolphins (1-0)

TheKillerNacho

BUF @ MIA  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Buffalo Bills
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Josh Allen
    • Myles Gaskin
    • Malcolm Brown
    • Devin Singletary
    • Zack Moss
    • Matt Breida
    • DeVante Parker
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Will Fuller
    • Stefon Diggs
    • Emmanuel Sanders
    • Cole Beasley
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Adam Sheehan
    • Dawson Knox
    • Dolphins DST
    • Bills DST
    • Jason Sanders
    • Tyler Bass

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2021 at 05:01 PM

Week 2 - Buffalo Bills at Miami Dolphins Preview

The Bills have been Brian Flores' Achilles heal during his tenure, as they always seem to embarrass us, lately. This is our home opener in the hot Miami sun, and the Bills surprisingly dropped to Pittsburgh in Week 1. That said, that will guarantee that we'll see a hungry Bills team on Sunday, which may bode poorly for us. This is the team that stomped us in Week 17 when we had everything to play for while they had barely anything.

This should be a slightly easier matchup for Tua as the Bills defense is weaker on paper than New England's, but he struggled the most against the Bills in the previous season.

Overall, I don't feel good about this game.

Buffalo 31

Miami 23

Hope I'm wrong and we can take a commanding lead in the division! Fins up!

13 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Overall, I don't feel good about this game.

Buffalo 31

Miami 23

Hope I'm wrong and we can take a commanding lead in the division! Fins up!

Agreed. 🤢

Its an important game, taking a 2 game lead early would be great. i just cant see it happening. Our OL isnt going to allow any offensive momentum. Defense will struggle to contain Allens legs. If Allen's accuracy woes continue, that would be a plus but i still see the bills Dominating our OL causing a 21-13 L. 

1 hour ago, joeyL. said:

Agreed. 🤢

Its an important game, taking a 2 game lead early would be great. i just cant see it happening. Our OL isnt going to allow any offensive momentum. Defense will struggle to contain Allens legs. If Allen's accuracy woes continue, that would be a plus but i still see the bills Dominating our OL causing a 21-13 L. 

This.  Containing Allen's scrambling ability and finding a way to limit Cole Beasley are the 2 defensive keys for me.  This is obviously in addition to the standard "get pressure on the QB" stuff.  They will move Diggs around to avoid X, just like last year, so he'll get his.  But good things will happen if those first 2 things can be done to a certain degree.

Offensively, if we don't get MUCH better play out of the IOL, this could end up being a laugher.  But I have some faith that the necessary moves can be made and offense takes another step forward with Fuller coming back.  I'm not sure it will be enough, but any given Sunday and all that.

I think the Bills take this one 28-24.

So Will Fuller is out with a personal issue. Hopefully all is well with him and we get to see him at some point this season. May just be the beat writers drama baiting, which wouldn't be anything new but it seems pretty serious.

Edited by Emerica

51 minutes ago, Emerica said:

So Will Fuller is out with a personal issue. Hopefully all is well with him and we get to see him at some point this season. May just be the beat writers drama baiting, which wouldn't be anything new but it seems pretty serious.

Basically has a 1 year prove it deal. So far not much proof. I don't know the guys situation, but the as the ole adage goes, your best ability is availability.

8 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

Basically has a 1 year prove it deal. So far not much proof. I don't know the guys situation, but the as the ole adage goes, your best ability is availability.

I agree with the adage but I don't think it applies here nor is it fair to hold this against him right now. He was suspended for the first game and we all knew that when we signed him. This seems like a personal issue that isn't injury related. **** happens to all of us, some things that are out of our control. He just happens to play football and he's a public figure so obviously there is an increased element of scrutiny that we normal folks don't have to deal with. 

Hope for the best and hopefully we get to see him play. I still think we are in good shape with our receivers. Just gotta cross our fingers that Parker or Waddle stay healthy. 

42 minutes ago, Emerica said:

I agree with the adage but I don't think it applies here nor is it fair to hold this against him right now. He was suspended for the first game and we all knew that when we signed him. This seems like a personal issue that isn't injury related. **** happens to all of us, some things that are out of our control. He just happens to play football and he's a public figure so obviously there is an increased element of scrutiny that we normal folks don't have to deal with. 

Hope for the best and hopefully we get to see him play. I still think we are in good shape with our receivers. Just gotta cross our fingers that Parker or Waddle stay healthy. 

Absolutely.  Hope it's nothing serious and that he is able to get back on the field at some point this year.  Bummer that he's not out there in what is a really big Week 2 game, but life happens.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

That's... annoying.

I hope all is well with him in his family, though.

Was pretty much my point, suspended week 1 (we knew when signing him) but that suspension didn't just randomly fall out of the sky, missed a lot of training camp, now out. I don't know the guys situation, I hope him and his family are okay as well. I am not holding it against him, but on a 1 year prove it deal I am not exactly giving him credit for it either. Yatil Green, for those of us old enough to remember, was supposed to be a game changing receiver, loads of potential and was never on the field. Hopefully all is well, he comes back soon and lights it up. Frustrating though, a game like this you want your best players on the field. 

Just now, Phinsesq said:

Yatil Green, for those of us old enough to remember, was supposed to be a game changing receiver, loads of potential and was never on the field. Hopefully all is well, he comes back soon and lights it up. 

Sorry man, Yatil is much too old to play WR 

For us (Fins) to win we have to;

Defense

Get pressure on Josh Allen with only 3 and 4 rushers......  Where you at Christian Wilkins?  Let's go top 15 pick

Always have a spy on Allen to minimize his scramble yards and make him pay for breaking the LOS with his feet every time

Mix up our coverages and include Cover 6 (4 strong and 2 weak).  Have success with quarters and 2 High to challenge the Bills to run the ball

Beware the Blitz ( can Flores control himself? )

Offense

Get Gesicki involved early and feed him, especially on play action

Tua needs to get the ball out quickly and accurately, if he doesn't look like the guy against division opponents (especially the Bills) this season, then he won't be the guy next season.  If he struggles again this week then I wouldn't be surprised to see Brissett starting in week 3 or 4.

Use Waddle underneath for RAC and Wilson over the top early ....... pick a guy and let it fly

Have success running the ball ( I'm dreaming I know )

ST

Make something happen; Break one ( long return ), Fake one ( surprise them , Take one ( Block it and bring it back )

Edited by Swampbilly