Week 2: Buffalo Bills (0-1) @ Miami Dolphins (1-0)

TheKillerNacho

BUF @ MIA  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Buffalo Bills
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Josh Allen
    • Myles Gaskin
    • Malcolm Brown
    • Devin Singletary
    • Zack Moss
    • Matt Breida
    • DeVante Parker
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Will Fuller
    • Stefon Diggs
    • Emmanuel Sanders
    • Cole Beasley
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Adam Sheehan
    • Dawson Knox
    • Dolphins DST
    • Bills DST
    • Jason Sanders
    • Tyler Bass

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2021 at 05:01 PM

It's insane. Two years of many valuable draft picks invested in the O-line, with the end result being a group of 5 guys *always* lost and confused. "Oh I was supposed to block that guy? Thought you had him?"

Like, what are these guys screwing up during practice to be so incredibly laughably terrible at their job on game day? And why can't the revolving door of O-line coaches fix this?

This was supposed to be the Year 2 jump for these players. Instead it's the Year 2 regression. They are not vets, they are worse than a rookie. 

25 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Jacoby has been pretty horrible, but no one is going to succeed with the OL playing the way it is.

The fact that Jacoby kept picking himself up off the turf after taking shot after shot is admirable. It's obvious that very few QBs would have been successful for us today with the protection. I think it would have taken Steve Young or Mike Vick with that kind of time to make the offense go today.

I think the drops are worth mentioning too. Not much Jacoby could have done about that either. 

An awful game, Dropped passes, terrible o line play. In my opinion Brissett looked better than Tua, only because he is much bigger can see the field better and is harder to bring down behind that “offensive” line. I haven’t given up on Tua, guy didn’t get a chance to show much today. Las Vegas is playing lights out, next week could be just as ugly. Of course this Jeckyl and Hyde team will probably show up. 

3 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

An awful game, Dropped passes, terrible o line play. In my opinion Brissett looked better than Tua, only because he is much bigger can see the field better and is harder to bring down behind that “offensive” line. I haven’t given up on Tua, guy didn’t get a chance to show much today. Las Vegas is playing lights out, next week could be just as ugly. Of course this Jeckyl and Hyde team will probably show up. 

Its not like Tua got enough time to really tell.

Not sure where to begin. Terrible all around from the first snap of the game on.

Ain't no way we can afford to go into next game without trying something else at OL. In addition to losing 1-on-1 battles more often than not, they looked lost and overwhelmed out there. They did not look well prepared and Jackson seemed to confirm that with his post game comments. Coaching needs to be better and OC need to help out with better protection schemes when its clear as day the line is struggling with basic pick-ups. 

I want to see Little - Jones - Dieter - Hunt - Eichenberg. Worst that can happen is they look just as bad as the current line we're throwing out there. Might as well try it out. 

Edited by Emerica

10 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Not sure where to begin. Terrible all around from the first snap of the game on.

Ain't no way we can afford to go into next game without trying something else at OL. In addition to losing 1-on-1 battles more often than not, they looked lost and overwhelmed out there. They did not look well prepared and Jackson seemed to confirm that with his post game comments. Coaching needs to be better and OC need to help out with better protection schemes when its clear as day the line is struggling with basic pick-ups. 

I want to see Little - Jones - Dieter - Hunt - Eichenberg. Worst that can happen is they look just as bad as the current line we're throwing out there. Might as well try it out. 

Got to give the defense some credit, they made some plays (and gave up a few), Josh Allen didn’t look like a world beater but he didn’t need to either. 35 points is rough but held the bills to 14 at the half and could of easily been 14-10 going into the half. The offense though,  dreadful. Went for it 3 times on 4th down one in easy fg range, turn over in the red zone, dropped td by Parker. I think they could of rushed 2 and got pressure. 

37 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Its not like Tua got enough time to really tell.

Was comparing both weeks don’t get me wrong I think Tua is a better prospect but Brisset looks less “rattled”? by the turnstile O line. I think it is due to his size advantage. At this rate we will ruin Tua like the Jets did with Darnold. 

All we can hope for now is that this week they watch the tape, learn from their mistakes and come out firing on all cylinders next week.  That’s what good teams do. I expect the Packers to do that tomorrow night after getting blown out by the saints last week, they do almost every time they play poorly. The pats did it a few years back against the chiefs on a Monday night game I remember they played horrible on a week 1 game and everyone was saying oh this is the year they regress, came out and put up 50 on the chiefs in week 2. Another example would be when we fired Philibin and Dan Cambell took over. We came out that week and put up 30 something in the first half. Just saying that’s what good teams do.

• Like 1

Positives:  Only 1.  The secondary showed again why they are arguably the best in the game.  X had a pick and almost had another one that he would normally get 9 times out of 10.  The TD that Diggs got was on a play that X lost his shoe.  Holland was still flying around the ball.  McCourty almost had a pick. Jones with several PBUs.  Josh Allen has looked like 2019 Josh Allen so far this season, but the secondary still played really well.  The D as a whole played a reasonable game, but I can't count the rest as positives since they gave up a couple big runs.  But it should be noted that Buffalo's scoring drives were only 46, 52, 60, 33, and 62 yards.  They didn't move the ball at will or have much success when they had "normal" field position.  

Negatives:  The rest of the team, but the biggest target of my ire is that O-line.  In my 30 or so years of actively watching football, I don't remember watching an O-line play as poorly as Miami's did yesterday.  Buffalo's defenders were literally coming through untouched.  Buffalo's defense is solid for sure, but they look a hell of a lot better when they aren't touched. 

Even with that turnstile O-line and the backup QB in there, the offense still moved the ball adequately.  Boneheaded turnovers, penalties, drops, and questionable coaching decisions resulted in the shutout.  These were some of the drives:

2nd and 11 from Buffalo's 30 - INT thrown by Brissett

3rd and 6 from Buffalo's 11 - Fumble by Grant close to the 1st down marker, and 4 plays after Parker dropped a TD.

4th and 2 from Buffalo's 16 - Went for it and Mack Brown got stopped short

2nd and 10 from Buffalo's 31 - Intentional grounding by Brissett takes them back to the 41 and loses a down

4th and 3 from Buffalo's 19 - Brissett throws incomplete

So Will Fuller is back this week. Had a feeling the situation was being dramatized by the beat reporters (more specifically Omar Kelly). Omar asked B Flo if Fuller would be back this season (after Flores had already replied to a similar question just before and said that's all he was going to say about the situation) and Flores gave him the same answer: "We're taking it day by day".

Omar then proceeds to tweet out: "It's unclear if he's going to be back this season!!" and everyone ran with it.

Clown