ON TO PITTSBURGH! LV@Pitt GDT! (early I know)

Totty

Who ya got?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Raiders
    • Steelers

21 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

In my opinion the biggest key to victory is if Carr can get the WRS in the game early.

biggest key is going to be Gruden. our OL is banged up and wildly inexperienced. it's going to be tricky to gameplan this week against that Pittsburgh front. on one hand, need the backs to pass protect, but on the other hand, getting backs in space could be a way to get easy yards against them without needing to pass pro for 3+ seconds

i do think there needs to be an alert any time Ruggs doesn't have a safety on his side of the field to just throw a fade and give him space to get under it.

defensively, its arguably an easier overall matchup than last week. pittsburgh has some very talented receivers but their OL is weaker than Baltimore's and Ben isn't what he used to be

Edited by Turnobili

4 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

I just think it’s going to more of the same another physical front Jacobs already gimpy. I think it’s going to be on Carr. Like @Bitty 2.0mentioned getting WR involved will be important IMO 

I'd like to see Carr go after Joe Haden early and often with either Ruggs (speed) or Edwards (size), he's 32 and isn't the fastest or biggest CB and gave up 3 catches on 4 targets last week.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd like to see Carr go after Joe Haden early and often with either Ruggs (speed) or Edwards (size), he's 32 and isn't the fastest or biggest CB and gave up 3 catches on 4 targets last week.

Exactly……. honestly I don’t even know who the other corner is. Obviously Fitzpatrick is somebody to keep an eye on 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Cam Heyward had 12 freaking pressures week 1. Yeah James and Simpson better be ready to go. 

hopefully we can establish the run. last time we really controlled a game on the ground was around midseason last year. the first broncos game and the browns game come to mind

steelers have led or been 2nd in the league in sacks for each of the last 4 seasons. if we try dropping back 50+ times like josh allen did last week, it will be ugly. i know Kolton is pretty solid, but TJ will probably get the best of him here and there too... let alone Leatherwood. and i dont trust our interior to hold up in pass pro all right now with Richie presumably out again. 

Edited by Turnobili

41 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

hopefully we can establish the run. last time we really controlled a game on the ground was around midseason last year. the first broncos game and the browns game come to mind

steelers have led or been 2nd in the league in sacks for each of the last 4 seasons. if we try dropping back 50+ times like josh allen did last week, it will be ugly. i know Kolton is pretty solid, but TJ will probably get the best of him here and there too... let alone Leatherwood. and i dont trust our interior to hold up in pass pro all right now with Richie presumably out again. 

Agreed. I think the game plan will be pretty similar to last weeks with more emphasis on running the ball early. A lot of short passes to Drake, Jacobs, Ingold, Renfrow, and Waller so our OL doesn't have to hold up in pass protection. Luckily the Steelers offense didn't look great last week with 3 rookie OL, they couldn't run the ball, 11/18 of Ben's completions were 5 yards or less, and their offense only scored 1 TD.