Mahomes is best QB ever and Cleveland Roster is most talented in 2021 - Fight me

dll2000

We all like to see emotion from players as fans because it shows us they’re invested in the outcome like we are and not just punching the clock to cash out their checks. But it’s a whole different ball game when you got a locker room of grown men you have to lead and you break down on the sidelines of a week 1 game. We were down two of our top 3 defenders and Mahomes still broke this dude down so casually. That tells the rest of the browns roster damn… he’s just too good. Why even try.

There is a pathology to greatness and it typically doesn’t include engaging yourself with media narratives. If you watch basketball or maybe if you’re from Cleveland you know LeBron literally didn’t win a ring until he started “going dark” on social media during the playoffs. This problem is best seen with Lamar Jackson’s famed quote that is just dripping with insecurity… “pretty good for a running back, right?” And mind you I’ve seen that dude pouting on the sidelines in the middle of a damn playoff game. Look, I don’t think Baker is that. I think his head is still in the game but I just don’t like what I’ve seen up to this point. When you start competing with the Mahomes and Brady’s of the world there’s a lot more levels to this than just having some talent on your team and your QB can zip the ball.

Mahomes figured that out firsthand when he lost to Brady his first season. His most used word that offseason was leadership. He constantly said he’s gotta figure out how to tell grown men what to do and hold them accountable. I just don’t know if Baker is going to be able to do that based on how he’s carried himself up to this point. You want to be in all of the commercials before you do anything and then you want to cry on the sidelines in week 1 when Mahomes gets ya. I played defense and that’s not a dude I’d be happy to break my back for.

Edited by Kirill

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I was up almost all last night and I watched most of games on gamepass

Let me say this:

Two best teams in league at moment played each other week 1.   

Cleveland and KC.

Cleveland is most talented roster top to bottom in league.  They may implode because they have personality issues, but they are most talented.   I don't think second is super close.

And Mahomes and Tyreek Hill are two best offensive football players in game and can beat better rosters because they are so good.   

Mahomes is best football player of all time.   Or most talented anyway.  No one else can do what he does or ever has been able to.  

I understand he isn't considered best right now because of longevity, but it is like saying Hank Aaron is best home run hitter of all time or Emmitt Smith is best RB.   They aren't.  

I have never seen a better QB than Mahomes and you haven't either.  No one can make the plays he does, but him.

At least MJ went 3rd overall and number 1 was a HOFer.   9 teams passed on Mahomes. 

MT was a bust for Bears, Thomas was a bust for 49ers, Fournette was a bust for Jags (though is looking good of late), Davis is no longer with his first team, Williams is decent and Ross is a bust.

This is mostly because Mahomes was an Air Raid QB and narrative of time was Air Raid QBs all suck by definition and Goff was just looking like a bust as well to cement the point.  Kudos to Reid and KC for making that pick even with a contending team in place.

Chicago and Pace get all the grief - but in hindsight every team in league should have been competing to move up for Mahomes just like he was Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence or whoever.

Appreciate the effort and I don't think anything of what you wrote is a super hot take (except it's week 1 and nobody really knows where the teams stand until week 6 or so at the earliest) but unfortunately you have cursed those 2 teams now and I guarantee this thread will get pulled back up in a couple of months.

Why would you put the devil on these 2 teams as a Bears fan?

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Appreciate the effort and I don't think anything of what you wrote is a super hot take (except it's week 1 and nobody really knows where the teams stand until week 6 or so at the earliest) but unfortunately you have cursed those 2 teams now and I guarantee this thread will get pulled back up in a couple of months.

Why would you put the devil on these 2 teams as a Bears fan?

Deep Breath and ...

Because I am working in front of a computer and I don't need to work every second so I get bored and post things on this website because I cancelled my Twitter account because Twitter is a cess pool of evil human debri and my Bears suck so I have to go to NFL General and spout whatever nonsense that pops in my head.

... Exhales.

For reference if you don't get my joke: 

• Like 4

I had no idea this was a thing till today. This will continue to hold the Browns back against the best teams in the league. 

I really like the team too, and they had every chance to beat the Chiefs and take the first game monkey off their back. Baker gotta come through on those late drives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, biggie. said:

Had SF kept their foot on the gas and fed Mostert more we'd be talking about how much of a choke Mahomes is.

Lots of teams do this, its the nature of the passing league we live in now.

Im all for it with a QB like Mahomes

46 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I had no idea this was a thing till today. This will continue to hold the Browns back against the best teams in the league. 

I really like the team too, and they had every chance to beat the Chiefs and take the first game monkey off their back. Baker gotta come through on those late drives.

It’s almost like being the #1 overall draft pick and inheriting a 1-31 roster means that you’re playing from behind A LOT before last year. Considering he has only thrown 3 INT overall in the last 10 games, that stat is super flawed and misleading.

• Like 5