WEEK 2: UNDEFEATED 1-0 Denver Broncos @ 0-1 Jacksonville Jaguars - 11.00am MDT /// 1.00pm EDT

lomaxgrUK

Urban Meyer already has made waves in Jacksonville - and for all the wrong reasons - hiring the racist assistant coach, signing Tim Tebow, berating everyone under the sun, acting like he’s infallible, etc., etc., etc. If only there had been some clue that a celebrity college coach wasn’t a good fit for the NFL… SMH. 

We should win this comfortably if last week was any guide. I think Teddy will play at the All Pro level he’s capable of, and, with our litany of depth, elite skill position talent, the best OL since 1998 and having the best defensive mind in the NFL who always has the team perfectly prepared, this will be a cake walk. 

Broncos 56, Jags 3 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Urban Meyer already has made waves in Jacksonville - and for all the wrong reasons - hiring the racist assistant coach, signing Tim Tebow, berating everyone under the sun, acting like he’s infallible, etc., etc., etc. If only there had been some clue that a celebrity college coach wasn’t a good fit for the NFL… SMH. 

We should win this comfortably if last week was any guide. I think Teddy will play at the All Pro level he’s capable of, and, with our litany of depth, elite skill position talent, the best OL since 1998 and having the best defensive mind in the NFL who always has the team perfectly prepared, this will be a cake walk. 

Broncos 56, Jags 3 

Glad to see you’re finally getting on board! 😜

in all seriousness though, without going overboard on how good the Broncos are or might be, the Jags are, without a doubt, a complete train wreck.  ANY competent NFL team (and the Broncos, at this point, certainly appear to meet that threshold at a minimum) should handle them fairly easily.  I expect it will be a pretty easy win ( despite some possible garbage time points by Lawrence, and the Broncos hype will continue to build.  But as we’ve all known since the schedule came out, we won’t really start to have a sense of how good this team is until weeks 4 and 5. 

• Like 2

Although the Jags had a disappointing outing in Week 1, I don't see a dumpster fire when I watch them.  They do have some a decent amount of talent on their team.  While Denver should certainly be favored to win this game, I wouldn't be taking the Jags too lightly if I were a Broncos fan.  We are a team that can sneak up on you if you do.  Come in unprepared and in the wrong frame of mind to play, we absolutely can beat you.  Overall, I'm just hoping for an entertaining game while watching two of my favorite QB's in the game. 

Good luck to both teams, and in the end, may the worst team win!  :P   

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Although the Jags had a disappointing outing in Week 1, I don't see a dumpster fire when I watch them.  They do have some a decent amount of talent on their team.  While Denver should certainly be favored to win this game, I wouldn't be taking the Jags too lightly if I were a Broncos fan.  We are a team that can sneak up on you if you do.  Come in unprepared and in the wrong frame of mind to play, we absolutely can beat you.  Overall, I'm just hoping for an entertaining game while watching two of my favorite QB's in the game. 

Aren't you a Vikings fan? What did I miss?

6 hours ago, paul-mac said:

You got fed up of your team not winning a super bowl so you became a Jaguars fan? 🤨

Hahaha!  Yep.  I know they have been bad for a long time, but they are rebuilding the way I have been wanting the Vikings to do it for a long time.  They sold off the older, more expensive players, kept the young ones that have some promise, and then endured a tanking season to get a good quarterback prospect.  I also like the teal uniforms, and am thinking of moving down to that part of the country in the next few years too, so it they were a good fit.  If they don't end up being able to change the culture, I don't mind.  I was just ready for a change after 50 years of cheering for the Vikes.

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

To be fair I can’t imagine the torture of being a Vikings fan. They’re almost always relevant and produce amazing talent but their playoff runs end in heartbreak every single time. And it looks like they’re headed for a down period again. 

But the pain is what makes the pinnacle so amazing.

To each their own, but it's not something I can get onboard with.

24 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

But the pain is what makes the pinnacle so amazing.

To each their own, but it's not something I can get onboard with.

I would never but I’m fortunate to not root for the most cursed franchise in the league.  11 seasons where they’ve been in the Final Four, 0 championships. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 11:36 AM, Uncle Buck said:

Yeah the Jags do have some nice pieces and Lawrence is going to be great. What has me worried is the east coast trip and an 11am kickoff, we always struggle in those games no matter the relative abilities of us and the opponent. 

• Like 1