Jump to content

Brandon Aiyuk ... ?


Recommended Posts

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/brandon-aiyuk-responding-well-49ers-challenge-after-limited-action
 

Quote

 

“B.A. has done an outstanding job this week answering the bell,” McDaniel said. “What’s been cool is watching a young guy who has always been so talented at every level, who has always been a default starter regardless -- because he’s better than everyone -- handle a small obstacle in his career.” 

“In house with the 49ers, it’s not like he is in the doghouse at all or anything,” McDaniel said. “But responding this week, he’s been running his routes hard, crisp and has gotten better.

"His practice has been very encouraging.” 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Watch Aiyuk leads the team in targets this weekend. Lol

Lets start with a play where he is supposed to get the ball in his hands in the first quarter and go from there. lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To me it is not even about him getting his spot back...He got even amount of snaps as Sherfield and eventually that was going to change...To me the biggest question is does Jimmy have confidence in him? Will Shanny draw up plays to get Aiyuk some touches the way he does Deebo?

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

To me it is not even about him getting his spot back...He got even amount of snaps as Sherfield and eventually that was going to change...To me the biggest question is does Jimmy have confidence in him? Will Shanny draw up plays to get Aiyuk some touches the way he does Deebo?

For the future, it won't be as big a factor, because Aiyuk seems to be good with Trey. They trained together, and will probably continue to develop their chemistry. Trey also works well with Sherfield. Maybe Deebo having a big game was more a function of Jimmy favoring him. Who knows... Anyway, it will always be hard and a bit frustrating to be a wide receiver in Kyle's offense. You will never be the focus. So make your peace with it from the start. Or become a great run blocker, and you will forever be in your head coach's graces.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

For the future, it won't be as big a factor, because Aiyuk seems to be good with Trey. They trained together, and will probably continue to develop their chemistry. Trey also works well with Sherfield. Maybe Deebo having a big game was more a function of Jimmy favoring him. Who knows... Anyway, it will always be hard and a bit frustrating to be a wide receiver in Kyle's offense. You will never be the focus. So make your peace with it from the start. Or become a great run blocker, and you will forever be in your head coach's graces.

Yeah, he may just not have good chemistry with Jimmy. But it also comes down to Shanny to get Aiyuk some touches. He did not do that at all last week...And didn't have to be fair, but still get the man some easy touches early on this week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to Shanny's interview with Maiocco, seemed like it was a bit of teaching Aiyuk a lesson and a bit of wanting to reward Sherfield for bringing it from day one of camp. But Aiyuk will be getting his usual snaps soon. He said if Aiyuk didn't tweak his hammy, he would have been the starter but when he returned to practice, he didn't want to change up the current set up. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Listening to Shanny's interview with Maiocco, seemed like it was a bit of teaching Aiyuk a lesson and a bit of wanting to reward Sherfield for bringing it from day one of camp. But Aiyuk will be getting his usual snaps soon. He said if Aiyuk didn't tweak his hammy, he would have been the starter but when he returned to practice, he didn't want to change up the current set up. 

I'm comfortable with our top 3 at WR. They all seem to be capable of being productive. But it's a long season. Deebo will be bothered by injuries at some point, and Aiyuk and Sherfield will see more snaps, and Deebo fewer. THen Aiyuk will get nicked up, and the snaps will be redistributed. And in all likelihood, more than one guy will give away snaps and Sanu and Jennings will have to contribute as well. So I'm not going to overreact to any one game. If it trends over 3-4 weeks, then perhaps there's reason for concern. But last week, Deebo was on fire, he was the read Jimmy had the hots for. It's not like Sherfield was targeted 15 times while Aiyuk got nothing. It was just Deebo's day. And it won't be Deebo's day every week. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...