Week 2 GDT: Titans (0-1) @ Seahawks (1-0) - do we suck again???

-Hope-

When talking about how good Fulton has been and how bad it is that Radunz isn't ready, it's important to keep in mind the jump guys can make going into year two and how we treat our rookies.

Both are second round picks that were considered great value and who didn't/aren't going to be major contributors their rookie years.

If Lewan never comes back as a healthy/good player we may even be looking at Radunz as our future LT. Lewan was pretty damn bad as a rookie too.

• Like 1

In all seriousness.  It was a good comeback win. 

But still uneasy because it felt like we had to fight through our own mess to win. Self inflicted mistakes made this almost a loss. 

The defense still has problems but last year's defense doesn't hold them to only 6 points in the 2nd half. 

The pass rush is better. Fulton did a great job. 

Line is still a mess. AJ needs to clean up his game. Julio was a big factor. And Henry went off. 

Offense didn't feel like it was doing a great job. It just had some good plays by various players. It didn't feel like a well called game either offensively or defensively. 

I think our best TE wasn't on the roster a week ago. Swaim and Hudson looked terrible blocking and we keep trotting out several TEs to just miss blocks.

I like Pruitt to take over as our in-line TE. We let him go and then he was available again, so he can't be as good as I think he is, but I've always liked him as a depth player.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

When talking about how good Fulton has been and how bad it is that Radunz isn't ready, it's important to keep in mind the jump guys can make going into year two and how we treat our rookies.

Both are second round picks that were considered great value and who didn't/aren't going to be major contributors their rookie years.

If Lewan never comes back as a healthy/good player we may even be looking at Radunz as our future LT. Lewan was pretty damn bad as a rookie too.

if farley is as advertised, we could have a pretty fantastic set of corners on our hands. too bad that will likely happen next year while we’re totally retooling the OL and henry has another year of tread on his tires. 🙃

• Like 1

Just now, twotonebluenation said:

Situational play calling was terrible. Do you guys think that could be just inexperience with the coordinators?

i think they are what they are. at this point neither of them are THAT inexperienced- they both have a full year of playcalling under their belt.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Right there with you. I said something similar in another thread.

On 9/17/2021 at 9:06 AM, TitanSlim said:

The sooner we realize that our draft picks are picked for their sophomore season and not their rookie year, the better. Look at the leap guys like Nate Davis, Rashaan Evans, Jeffery Simmons, even guys like Amani Hooker and Kristian Fulton had their second season compared to their rookie year. I think all of us want the rookies to get immediate PT and have an immediate impact but that just hasn’t happened under Vrabel, specifically.