Week 2 GDT: Titans (0-1) @ Seahawks (1-0) - do we suck again???

-Hope-

How about the King in the receiving game? I missed a lot of the game for my wife’s baby shower so hopefully NFL Network shows the replay at some point. I watched bits and pieces of the first half, basically none of the 3rd quarter and the ending of the 4th and OT.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

How about the King in the receiving game? I missed a lot of the game for my wife’s baby shower so hopefully NFL Network shows the replay at some point. I watched bits and pieces of the first half, basically none of the 3rd quarter and the ending of the 4th and OT.

He made some catches that he consistently dropped the last few years. He looked lot better. You can tell he has been working on his catching. If that can be more consistent, him in the screen game can really hurt blitzing teams. 

17 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It was a good strategy. Offense was at its best when we rushed to force their personnel and then just let Tannehill make checks at the line. Most of the “up-tempo” still had the ball being snapped with under 15 on the play clock.

yeah, it felt like a great way to handle the crowd noise and get out ahead of the play clock. almost never felt rushed even when tannehill had to take extra time to make sure people heard.

26 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Henry made a few contest catches which was very nice to see

Henry and McNichols were taking advantage of the soft coverages late 

I also seen Henry picking up a few blitzers as well 

He had a really good game all around 

Henry was outstanding as a pass blocker on some of those play-actions where they were blitzing.

He just dominated later on the game and helped us overcome a lot of dumb **** in the 2nd quarter.

If you looked at the team stats from this game you'd swear we dominated the entire game and Seattle got some garbage TDs late.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Henry was outstanding as a pass blocker on some of those play-actions where they were blitzing.

He just dominated later on the game and helped us overcome a lot of dumb **** in the 2nd quarter.

If you looked at the team stats from this game you'd swear we dominated the entire game and Seattle got some garbage TDs late.

yeah, i get that obviously we need to give the guy a break and he touched the ball 41 times today, which is insane. but the rationale for always keeping him off the field on 3rd down is basically gone, and certainly that 4th and 2 was inexcusable

We could’ve easily had Tannehill go for  over 400 passing yards, Henry go over 150 rushing yards and Julio and AJ both over 100 receiving  yards if AJ could catch. Just shows how scary this offense can be when it’s truly clicking.

And even with the breakdowns and prevent defense to end the first half, I feel way more confident in the defense now than I did last year. Still got a ways to go but you see the signs of a potential great team down the road.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

yeah, i get that obviously we need to give the guy a break and he touched the ball 41 times today, which is insane. but the rationale for always keeping him off the field on 3rd down is basically gone, and certainly that 4th and 2 was inexcusable

The play call was so weird on 4th and 2. I just went back and re watched it.

We had Rogers Julio and AJ lined up on one side and sent them all on some what deeper routes I believe . I really didn’t understand that. Would have loved a shorter route across the middle or something in the flat. They also kept Stocker and McNichols in to block and Tanne still had pressure not allowing him to drop it off.

Another example of bad situational playcalling.

We really probably wanted the Chiefs to win that because they're likely the #1 seed either way and that would give us another game on the Ravens, but as a Titans fan who lives in Missouri, seeing the Chiefs lose is so amazing.

Harbaugh is amazing. They used Lamar the way they should have. Don't turn him into a pocket passer just because you're down. He's not that.