Week 2 GDT: Titans (0-1) @ Seahawks (1-0) - do we suck again???

-Hope-

I thought that Ryan was awesome yesterday. Outside of a couple plays I wish we could have back, I thought he was on the money and managed the game well even as our offense sputtered early on

Obviously the second half was Henry's half, but Ryan played smart and sound football all around

Quess didn't even allow a hurry or hit. This is why I was never on the Dennis Kelly train with everyone. We give our RTs a lot of help and he went way down hill when Lewan wasn't holding up the other side.

Sambrailo didn't look bad but noticed him a little more than Quess. If Lewan is put on IR again, and I think he is going to be, I'd start getting Radunz more practice reps on the left side. He might be the future of that position. He looks like he needs to add weight and probably get stronger. He is just a really lean/athletic guy for 300+ lbs.

Edited by TitanSS

20 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Quess didn't even allow a hurry or hit. This is why I was never on the Dennis Kelly train with everyone. We give our RTs a lot of help and he went way down hill when Lewan wasn't holding up the other side.

Sambrailo didn't look bad but noticed him a little more than Quess. If Lewan is put on IR again, and I think he is going to be, I'd start getting Radunz more practice reps on the left side. He might be the future of that position. He looks like he needs to add weight and probably get stronger. He is just a really lean/athletic guy for 300+ lbs.

i know very little about OL play but it seemed to me that the majority of the trouble yesterday was on the interior.

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Both of them are below average players but they’re clearly better than Lewan right now. Blame the injury all you want. Regardless, he shouldn’t be starting right now. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s put on IR at some point this week. 

I agree with this part hence why I said I'm all for them starting until he is ready. 

24 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i know very little about OL play but it seemed to me that the majority of the trouble yesterday was on the interior.

Ditto.  Even before Saffold got injured.

Shouldn't be a surprise since Saffold and Jones are both over 30, but man, it would really suck if both started declining at the same time.

31 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

The sack/fumble was on Swaim. He immediately missed his block. He has been god awful in both pass-pro and run-blocking two straight games in a row. Hudson isn't very good either. The TEs for two weeks were a big part of why Henry is getting hit before he gets to the LOS. We immediately think OL issues when the run-blocking is bad, but I think a lot of it is on the TEs right now.

Pruitt should be TE1 going forward. If we having a good record approaching the trade deadline I wonder if we couldn't get a low value solid blocking TE from a team out of playoff contention.

I did see Nate Davis get beat on the interior at least once. I haven't seen any stats on the interior OL.

Edited by TitanSS
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Ditto.  Even before Saffold got injured.

Shouldn't be a surprise since Saffold and Jones are both over 30, but man, it would really suck if both started declining at the same time.

I think Ben Jones has probably been our best offensive linemen over the last couple years. He doesn't have the highs that guys like Lewan and Saffold have, but he doesn't have the lows either and he's always on the field. No complaining, no tweeting, just grinding and doing his job.

Ben Jones has been a solid reliable dude.

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

The sack/fumble was on Swaim. He immediately missed his block. He has been god awful in both pass-pro and run-blocking two straight games in a row. Hudson isn't very good either. The TEs for two weeks were a big part of why Henry is getting hit before he gets to the LOS. We immediately think OL issues when the run-blocking is bad, but I think a lot of it is on the TEs right now.

Pruitt should be TE1 going forward. If we having a good record approaching the trade deadline I wonder if we couldn't get a low value solid blocking TE from a team out of playoff contention.

I did see Nate Davis get beat on the interior at least once. I haven't seen any stats on the interior OL.

OL stats -

Pass blocking:

yW5rB6M.png

Pass blocking 2(the new info is from the True Pass Set tab and over. The first few numbers on the left are part of the pressures allowed tab.

6kmg4xw.png

Run blocking, no real stats here, just snaps spent in zone or gap, and their grade in each zone and gap:

RNj6DAU.png

o8gLgGJ.png

Rushing by direction, obviously not entirely dependent on OL, but still:

https://i.imgur.com/K3ifDBd.png

Not missing anything by not scrolling to the right, as the only stat not showing there is the fumbles stat, which we had 0 of.

• Like 1