Shady Slim Does America (+Japan)

Shady Slim

4 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Hey @Shady Slim seeing as how you’re a Stiller fan, come to Cleveland we’ll take real good care of you. 😇

would like to sneak to the PFHOF at canton if i have time but i'm not sure i will; what's kind of cool with america vs australia though is here, you sort of can't travel from a state A city to a state B city, because it's so decentralised, whereas there a day trip from pittsburgh over the rivers to ohio isn't necessarily off the cards, from how i understand the geography of the place👀

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ET80 said:

*Shrug*

I liked Toronto.

I mean...there's nothing wrong with Toronto.  It's a perfectly fine city.  As are Vancouver and Calgary.  I just don't really see any particular reason to hit them up on a "world tour".  There are so many other cities to get your "city quota" filled more interestingly.

Vancouver and Calgary at least boast the ability to take a few hours bus out to some truly stunning landscapes for something "unique" and "momentous" or whatever.  Is there anything outside Toronto worth world touring, that you couldn't get in like...Chicago or Detroit?  Other than Niagara Falls if you want to get married or wet, or whatever?

Or you could try Montreal, Quebec City, or Halifax.  Cities that are a lot more interesting...but still barely rate.

I just think, if you're doing Canada...the best thing its got to offer, is the stuff outside the cities.  So do your cities in America.  Chicago, New York, LA, whatever, there's a long list of 'em.  Do Canada the other way 'round.  Hit the stuff that's not cities, 'cause they're honestly not that special.  It's the other stuff, worth seeing.  There's lot of the other stuff.  You can spend a lifetime exploring it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

would like to sneak to the PFHOF at canton if i have time but i'm not sure i will; what's kind of cool with america vs australia though is here, you sort of can't travel from a state A city to a state B city, because it's so decentralised, whereas there a day trip from pittsburgh over the rivers to ohio isn't necessarily off the cards, from how i understand the geography of the place👀

Yeah Canton isn’t far from Pittsburgh at all. Since you’ll be in Pittsburgh I suggest driving a little east to go to the Appalachians, there’s some beautiful country there!

On 9/17/2021 at 9:24 AM, Dome said:

I only know the northwest 

Portland is a landfill, Seattle is significantly better if you were going to make a PNW stop

On 9/17/2021 at 10:46 AM, Matts4313 said:

Really. Why? I liked Portland last time I went. The zoo in Seattle is amazeballs tho

My wife and I didn't like Portland as much as we thought we would, but in defense we never left the city which sounds like it was a huge mistake in hindsight. 

On 9/29/2021 at 10:14 AM, ET80 said:

*Shrug*

I liked Toronto.

If you're going to do Texas, I'd rank the stops as follows:

- Austin, TX (just a great city from top to bottom - you head out to the lakes for the day and hit up the bar scene at night, where the local music scene is perhaps the greatest in the world).

Austin is great. Loved my two trips out there.

- San Antonio, TX (not sure if you have ethical concerns, but Sea World is a nice stop... and you will find the best Mexican/Tex Mex outside of Mexico here. You can find legit cowboy boots here, and you could add in an authentic Lucha Libre mask as well!)

San Antonio was pretty cool too. 

- Dallas, TX (Trash city, don't bother).

Honestly, I liked Dallas more than I expected I would, but I was on a bachelor party. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Dallas, TX (Trash city, don't bother).

Honestly, I liked Dallas more than I expected I would, but I was on a bachelor party. 

Dallas the city has a ton of amenities, but the people have no personality. Its a bunch of fake rolex, up to eyeballs in debt, beamer driving snobs. But the City has the best sports stadium/complex (the star) in the world, a NBA, MLB and NHL team, ever imaginable chain-restaurant, a 6 flags, etc etc.

A lot of stuff to do, but some how the town is off putting. 

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Dallas the city has a ton of amenities, but the people have no personality. Its a bunch of fake rolex, up to eyeballs in debt, beamer driving snobs. But the City has the best sports stadium/complex (the star) in the world, a NBA, MLB and NHL team, ever imaginable chain-restaurant, a 6 flags, etc etc.

A lot of stuff to do, but some how the town is off putting. 

Happiest Hour was a really cool spot to hang out at. I've got something kinda similar here in Richmond, but nowhere near that level. 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 9:54 AM, Tugboat said:

I mean...there's nothing wrong with Toronto.  It's a perfectly fine city.  As are Vancouver and Calgary.  I just don't really see any particular reason to hit them up on a "world tour".  There are so many other cities to get your "city quota" filled more interestingly.

Vancouver and Calgary at least boast the ability to take a few hours bus out to some truly stunning landscapes for something "unique" and "momentous" or whatever.  Is there anything outside Toronto worth world touring, that you couldn't get in like...Chicago or Detroit?  Other than Niagara Falls if you want to get married or wet, or whatever?

Or you could try Montreal, Quebec City, or Halifax.  Cities that are a lot more interesting...but still barely rate.

I just think, if you're doing Canada...the best thing its got to offer, is the stuff outside the cities.  So do your cities in America.  Chicago, New York, LA, whatever, there's a long list of 'em.  Do Canada the other way 'round.  Hit the stuff that's not cities, 'cause they're honestly not that special.  It's the other stuff, worth seeing.  There's lot of the other stuff.  You can spend a lifetime exploring it.

Montreal is one of the greatest cities in the world

Rest of them are boring, pass imo

12 hours ago, mission27 said:
On 9/30/2021 at 1:22 PM, Matts4313 said:

Its a bunch of fake rolex, up to eyeballs in debt, beamer driving snobs.

You'd think this would make it the perfect city for mission but somehow its still awful 

I could totally see you as a guy who'd do well in the Houston midtown area...