2021 Week Two GDT Steelers vs Da Raiders!

Steeler Hitman

4 minutes ago, August4th said:

carr was playing like a top 3 QB today. Raiders do look like a WC team this yr and could give KC fits

I mean....we were missing 5 key starters on defense.

No knock on Carr, but Im sure that made his life much easier 

14 minutes ago, warfelg said:

This wasn't a bad Steelers game.

The Raiders are legit better than us.

I was baffled at the Steeler -6 line today. Should of been Steelers -1.5 and that’s only cause of home field. The Raiders are better on paper than Pittsburgh (and you can ask the Raider sub I’m one of our biggest critics). 

I’m in knee jerk move, but if this is Bens response to Canada’s offense…then let it be the Mason Rudolph show. He won’t buy in. He’s gonna throw him under the bus when things go wrong, just like Haley. 

Last year Ben literally told the media he was drawing plays up on the go in no huddle. This year? Oh, we don’t have plays built in.

okay ben  

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

True but we were missing a couple guys on our O line and Jacobs of course. Wasn't an easy day for him by any means.

Again...wasnt a knock on Carr, but we lost two players on DL, our elite pass rusher, our "best" ILB and our top corner in an already weak secondary.

Nearly half our start D was out most of the game.

Not to say it was an easy day for Carr, but he wasnt playing a "top defense" when half of it is gone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I’m in knee jerk move, but if this is Bens response to Canada’s offense…then let it be the Mason Rudolph show. He won’t buy in. He’s gonna throw him under the bus when things go wrong, just like Haley. 

Last year Ben literally told the media he was drawing plays up on the go in no huddle. This year? Oh, we don’t have plays built in.

okay ben  

He also threw him under the bus for the 3/4 WR sets. 

5 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

okay ben  

Ben shoulda retired.

Everyone knows.

Yes, we wouldve been screwed with Rudolph, but we're screwed with Ben too.   

At least with Rudolph, we wouldnt have needed to pretend we were okay.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

He also threw him under the bus for the 3/4 WR sets. 

Good god. This offense isn’t getting better without His buy in, and if he doesn’t buy in…I’d kick him out. 

I don’t see physical issues that would hold us back immensely with Ben. The Oline is rough, but you can’t be last years offense with minor changes. That’s all we are so far. Ben needs to buy into change or it’s all pointless. 

obviously i can only box score watch given the time of the game but to me it looks like ben was… fine? not good by any stretch, though also not Zach Wilson, but we still haven’t figured out as a team how to run the ball

if this was against anyone but the raiders i’d be more concerned but if you told me we were missing five starters on defense and the offense had a flat game against the raiders i would say “yeah no that fits with the past ten years of steeler football”

• Like 1

Its amazing how one game can completely change your outlook for a season.

After last years playoffs, I felt like this team was clinging onto the past, and going nowhere.

Then, after a few key signings and some misplaced optimism after the preseason and week 1, I felt like we could be a decent wildcard team that would likely get bounced from the playoffs early again.

Now, I honestly think this could be a last place team, and Ill be shocked of this isnt Tomlins first losing season.

Ben is pretty much done.   Our WRs are overated.   Our OL still needs alot of work.    The offense isnt going to get much better this year.    The defense isn't going to have nearly as much luck carrying this offense as they did last year.

I feel a 7 or 8 win season coming....putting us in prime position to watch all the top QBs get taken ahead of us next year, and likely watch Ben try to play another year at a sub par level...and Puss Rooney allowing it to happen.

5 minutes ago, 43M said:

Its amazing how one game can completely change your outlook for a season.

After last years playoffs, I felt like this team was clinging onto the past, and going nowhere.

Then, after a few key signings and some misplaced optimism after the preseason and week 1, I felt like we could be a decent wildcard team that would likely get bounced from the playoffs early again.

Now, I honestly think this could be a last place team, and Ill be shocked of this isnt Tomlins first losing season.

Ben is pretty much done.   Our WRs are overated.   Our OL still needs alot of work.    The offense isnt going to get much better this year.    The defense isn't going to have nearly as much luck carrying this offense as they did last year.

I feel a 7 or 8 win season coming....putting us in prime position to watch all the top QBs get taken ahead of us next year, and likely watch Ben try to play another year at a sub par level...and Puss Rooney allowing it to happen.

i think i'm not really willing to string up the rest of the team until we get our OL sorted. even in the modern nfl success starts and it finishes in the trenches and if we can't win in the trenches, unless we have kyler murray taking snaps we aren't going to be a balanced team.

whatever reservations we have about ben, the rushing, the receiving, etc, in all of those the common denominator is line play to some degree

Just now, Shady Slim said:

i think i'm not really willing to string up the rest of the team until we get our OL sorted. even in the modern nfl success starts and it finishes in the trenches and if we can't win in the trenches, unless we have kyler murray taking snaps we aren't going to be a balanced team.

whatever reservations we have about ben, the rushing, the receiving, etc, in all of those the common denominator is line play to some degree

Ben cant push the ball down the field, even when the line gives him time.   Partly to do with him.   Partly to do with our receivers inconsistencies.

The OL affects everything, for sure....but lets not kid ourselves.

4 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

okay ben  

Did you actually watch the press conference? Ben was asked about their scoring drive and said that was their hurry-up offense/two minute and not their no-huddle. There was no attempt in his answer to throw anyone under the bus. He spent the entire press conference repeating that he needs to play better.

What I find fascinating is how the people so willing to always give Tomlin the benefit of the doubt on his piss poor decision making are the first ones to try and play mind reader as to who makes the decisions on offense. If the offense looks like the same, maybe that starts with the guy at the top who also saw fit to keep trying the same things every week throughout the second half of last season when they clearly weren't working.