2021 Week Two GDT Steelers vs Da Raiders!

Steeler Hitman

Tomlin either needs to stop talking or stop lying (this is a joke, and the answer would be talking). 

This is two weeks in a row he starts his press conference by telling the media he has no real injuries to talk about followed by in practice injuries limited work....stop jinxing it!

4 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I watched that Simms clip yesterday. It was really informative. 

Kudos for to Butler and Tomlin for a solid game plan. Hopefully that type of strategy carries over for the rest of the season. We can get plenty pressure with Watt, Heyward, Tuitt, and Highsmith/Ingram, not always necessary to bring a 5th guy.

• Like 1

So this isn't exactly the place for this comment, but I don't want to make it it's own thread. The long Claypool run last week, everyone was slobbering all over Green's speed to lead him. It's getting kind of annoying. Claypool definitely scores if Green makes a block. He just ran really fast at the DB, but he didn't actually impact anything. The DB just went around him and made the tackle. Claypool may have had a better shot to juke the dude if Green wasn't there at all. I hope he figures out the whole blocking aspect of the game, because honestly who cares how fast your center can run?

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

So this isn't exactly the place for this comment, but I don't want to make it it's own thread. The long Claypool run last week, everyone was slobbering all over Green's speed to lead him. It's getting kind of annoying. Claypool definitely scores if Green makes a block. He just ran really fast at the DB, but he didn't actually impact anything. The DB just went around him and made the tackle. Claypool may have had a better shot to juke the dude if Green wasn't there at all. I hope he figures out the whole blocking aspect of the game, because honestly who cares how fast your center can run?

That’s a very tough block to make as a big dude running full speed in the open field against a DB that is much more athletic than you.

Having athletic interior lineman who can pull, get down the field and in front of a runner, and also to the 2nd level is a major advantage? It’s part of what made Pouncey, Faneca, Decastro etc. so great. Yes it wasn’t the perfect play on Green’s part but it was a flash of skill/trait that not every center has and is a big component of being a high level guy interior o-lineman. He’s a 3rd round rookie, he’ll make those plays with better technique in the future.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

That’s a very tough block to make as a big dude running full speed in the open field against a DB that is much more athletic than you.

Having athletic interior lineman who can pull, get down the field and in front of a runner, and also to the 2nd level is a major advantage? It’s part of what made Pouncey, Faneca, Decastro etc. so great. Yes it wasn’t the perfect play on Green’s part but it was a flash of skill/trait that not every center has and is a big component of being a high level guy interior o-lineman. He’s a 3rd round rookie, he’ll make those plays with better technique in the future.

I understand that. I definitely think it was awesome seeing the guy do that. I just wish he could have made the block.