2021 Week Two GDT Steelers vs Da Raiders!

Steeler Hitman

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I understand that. I definitely think it was awesome seeing the guy do that. I just wish he could have made the block. 

I love Green but gotta have a little patience with him. He’s an undersized 3rd round pick who played guard almost his entire college career. That’s why I’ll take him being a reliable starter day 1 while showing flashes of traits that can one day make him an above average starter to pro bowl level player down the road.

Another thing/trait I love about Green that foreshadows him becoming great is he’s nasty as hell. For an undersized guy he plays with a nasty mean streak. Combine that with his athleticism and you have a recipe for something special. I have no doubt he’s our starting center for the next 8-10 years but I’m certainly not expecting perfection right now.

50 minutes ago, 43M said:

ILB is going to be a need next offseason.    Bush has yet to prove he is a bonafide starting caliber player.   At the very least, we need a quality backup.

I disagree. Bush proved he was a playmaker his rookie season and he tore his ACL before he could really get going last year. I still have confidence he can turn those playmaking flashes into consistency but agree with you that we have to see it first. 

I am impressed with Schobert in coverage so far but admittedly no idea of his contract situation at the moment. I think him and Bush make a great duo though and if we can keep them both I see no need to address ILB this off-season. Ideally Buddy Johnson takes a step and is the top backup in 2022.

3 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I disagree. Bush proved he was a playmaker his rookie season and he tore his ACL before he could really get going last year. I still have confidence he can turn those playmaking flashes into consistency but agree with you that we have to see it first. 

I am impressed with Schobert in coverage so far but admittedly no idea of his contract situation at the moment. I think him and Bush make a great duo though and if we can keep them both I see no need to address ILB this off-season. Ideally Buddy Johnson takes a step and is the top backup in 2022.

He is a splash play artist at this point.   Unfortunately, his routine play leaves alot to be desired, and routine plays are far more common than splash plays.

Bush isnt terrible, but what does he do consistently well?   

6 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Schoberts deal is basically worth $10 mill next but if they cut him they save $8mill against the cap...this year is basically a cheap trial run to see if Bush take the next step and see how Buddy develops.

7 hours ago, 43M said:

ILB is going to be a need next offseason.    Bush has yet to prove he is a bonafide starting caliber player.   At the very least, we need a quality backup.

I like Bush. I think he’ll have a long career here in Pittsburgh. The bitter pill to swallow is he fits best in the Vince Williams type role then a Farrior or even Timmons type role. Which isn’t bad. However, we took that 10th overall with a trade up. He’s only 23 and coming off injury. I still have hope for development and he’s also knocking off rust. I’m hoping Schobert is here to stay. I think that’ll help out the development of these young ILB’s in coverage and give us time to address other needs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Displayname said:

I like Bush. I think he’ll have a long career here in Pittsburgh. The bitter pill to swallow is he fits best in the Vince Williams type role then a Farrior or even Timmons type role. Which isn’t bad. However, we took that 10th overall with a trade up. He’s only 23 and coming off injury. I still have hope for development and he’s also knocking off rust. I’m hoping Schobert is here to stay. I think that’ll help out the development of these young ILB’s in coverage and give us time to address other needs

I agree that he still has room to develop.   My argument is based merely from what he is RIGHT NOW.   I hope he gets better, but he still has a long way to go and Im not confident he will ever live up to what we used to get him.

I also agree that he may end up fitting the Vince Williams role of a SUPPORTING ILB more than the main guy....which is why I think we will eventually need a better ILB next to him.   

Bush  was playing well pre ACL. It will take him a while to really get back to 'normal' if there is such or say new normal. I expect solid ILB play this year, Schubert is a smart ILB.   Bush might not be Watt at ILB, but we can't win em all. I mean we got Haden for cheap, Minkah in a trade and then add Watt. The D has talent, so lets see how this goes as long as the offence is decent. 

Turner played well, but chuks needs work.  Ben showed he can rally the troops last week, still has that part to his game. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Looks like he’s out. Big opportunity for James Pierre. Good game for him to miss though, Raiders WRs do not scare me.

Kinda funny you say that because the only part of them that scares me is speed…it’s an interesting week for Haden to be out since of everyone, I’d question his speed the most!